Suggestions for 2019 Version

Re: Suggestions for 2019 Version

Postby PointGuard » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:02 pm

NCAAhoops: Sending these on to Gary for consideration. I particularly like the idea to basically turn off shots from outside the 3's arc so that would allow associations for the pre-3 era without a major revision of the game enging.

FYI: Frequency of Injuries for an association can be adjusted at any point by going to OPTIONS. (But personally, I think even when turned up way high there still are too few injuries occurring in DDSCB2018.)
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby C-Bailey24 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:11 pm

ZorbaGarp wrote:PG - Didn't think about more descriptive narrative, but that would be a nice add-on. Thinking more of more team responsiveness to last-shot direction, ability to quickly foul, etc. Seems like game clock moves too quickly or players way too frequently don't follow direction. This is much more of an issue in DDSCF, but I've found it a bit frustrating here as well.

I would like to second this suggestion as i was just playing out a game and this very issue came up. I'm down 84-79 with about 10 seconds to go in the game. We come down court and my PG hits a three pointer to make it 84-82. Now even before my offensive possession began my settings were already on Full Court Press at 10 and Intentional Foul was checked. Opposing team inbounds the ball with 4 seconds left and the 2D just plays out as normal with their PG dribbling across half-court. Time expires and my team loses. Not salty about the loss it's just the settings need to be more responsive. Their should have been a foul committed with around 3 or 2 seconds left sending them to the free throw line and my team having one more possession to possibly tie the game provided they only made one of two.

Which brings me to another thought. Are last second half-court shots even in the game? If not then somehow could they be implemented? Because a team down by three or less should have a chance to get a shot off in these last second situations whether inbounding or off a missed free throw. As it is now the 2D is setup so that the ball has to be dribbled past half court before a shot can take place.
C-Bailey24

Postby PointGuard » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:06 am

Passed along to Gary.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby cbraddy » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:19 am

I know this one mentioned before in another tread I think. But when players transfer at the end of the year can we gain those open scholarships to offer during the transfer window.
cbraddy

Postby Wayne23 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:06 am

Thanks, and yes, that one has been passed on to Gary, and I agree. That would really help the low rated schools.
Wayne23

Postby hoosiergoody » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:28 pm

Finally returning to the game after a 2-year hiatus (work/life balance); i have been working on a high school mod off and on for the game- suggestion: can we have the option to adjust the time for each half (or split to 4 quarters, which i figure is harder)? instead of 20 minute halves, maybe be able to choose between 12, 16, 20, etc.?
hoosiergoody

Postby PointGuard » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:14 pm

hoosiergoody wrote:Finally returning to the game after a 2-year hiatus (work/life balance); i have been working on a high school mod off and on for the game- suggestion: can we have the option to adjust the time for each half (or split to 4 quarters, which i figure is harder)? instead of 20 minute halves, maybe be able to choose between 12, 16, 20, etc.?

Passed along to Gary for his consideration.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby frankinho » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:46 pm

Few suggestions i believe this game would benefit from, sorry if any one of them have already been posted:

Roster views and depth chart:
- Roster view: have depth chart indicator and seniority also visible when switching between ratings, stats so that i always see where they are on a depth chart e.g. starting PG or a 7th player and whether they are a SR, JR etc. as per mock-up in the link (https://mega.nz/#!ZbwGBZiS!yF3B1TZU3a_k ... Bj47rcabm8)
- add more options for the roster views where you can set yourself what type of information you want to see
- setting rotations i'm sorry to say is a mess and not at all user friendly, its a chore to make adjustments and corrections in case of injuries or if you just want to get more minutes to younger players against lesser competition. I would suggest something a slider per player e.g. similar to what 2k games have and had since College Hoops 2k8 - it would be super easy to make adjustments

Recruiting:
- add HS JR, SO and FR and ability to start recruiting those guys early. This would make it more fun and recruit for the next couple of years in mind and also fix one problem currently where if you have a big budget and only a couple of scholarships which you use in the first window, there is no incentive for you to recruit at all. Well only in order to use all your budget so you get same or more next year but its just not engaging and makes little sence.

Player card:
- for own players: add additional option when you call your player - under playing style add option to "pass more"
- for redshirted players highlight that he is redshirted in his player card/profile

In-game:
- unless i'm mistaken there is no information displaying how many timeouts i have remaining, this is a must
- individual defensive settings - add option to tightly mark a player if he's doing well or a good shooter

Customisation:
- allow to change backgrounds, personal award names (e.g. Norton), personal award pictures

News:
- add more storylines and news to add more imerssion e.g. news article about this weeks upsets, high performing players, next week rivalry games, when records are broken, etc.
frankinho

Postby CoachC » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:09 pm

I've already given my top suggestion directly to Gary. He liked it, and so we shall see.
CoachC

Postby Wayne23 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:52 pm

Don't tease, CoachC. Tell us!
Wayne23

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2018 General Discussion