Suggestions for 2019 Version

Re: Suggestions for 2019 Version

Postby PointGuard » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:41 pm

alternativestats wrote:Maybe make the ratings available for the Norton Award Candidates so that you can get an idea of what the top players at a position rate out to, even if they aren't on your schedule.

Passed your suggestion on to Gary for his consideration.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby 23Zone » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:46 am

I have a few...

How about freshman all-America team and freshman all-conference teams.

The ability to determine how many years players have to play in college before turning pro. I would like to make a rule that all players have to stay in school 2 years before they go pro. I like the early departures but I hate that they are only around for 1 year in college before they leave... causes too much turnover in the rosters.

The ability to see how a recruit's visit to your school went without saving all of the emails. Have this listed inside his recruit notes.

The ability to see what other schools a recruit is visiting. Might help determine if you have a shot at him or not.

Shooting percentages from high school instead of just points per game. I recruit a lot of players that have 'A' in their 'Out Shooting' rating but a lot of them then hit less than the 33% after they get to college. I would think the shooting wouldn't vary that much percentage wise since a shot from 20 feet is a shot from 20 feet (taking out the variability of the defense of course...) but seeing the percentage would give a much better idea of who can really shoot. This is something a real recruiter would be able to see.

A better way to know earlier that a recruit is not going to pass the SAT. The way it seems to be now is you notice that he doesn't sign his letter when the rest of the players do. Can we just know at that point or is there a possibility he might pass at a later date and sign? I don't think I have seen that happen.

The ability to somewhat adjust the end of the season tournament. I know how hard it probably is to make the tournament line up the way a committee does but I often see teams from the same conference matching up in the early rounds. It really should not happen till the elite 8 because most conferences don't get more than 8 teams in and I think the committee accounts for that. It would be nice if the game did a better job of preventing it or giving us the ability to shuffle the tournament around before it is set in stone.
23Zone

Postby C-Bailey24 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:39 pm

23Zone wrote:Shooting percentages from high school instead of just points per game. I recruit a lot of players that have 'A' in their 'Out Shooting' rating but a lot of them then hit less than the 33% after they get to college. I would think the shooting wouldn't vary that much percentage wise since a shot from 20 feet is a shot from 20 feet (taking out the variability of the defense of course...) but seeing the percentage would give a much better idea of who can really shoot. This is something a real recruiter would be able to see.

THIS. I've been pointing this out since CB16 and nothing has been done. It takes only a couple of minutes to go randomly go through individual team stat pages to see this. It keeps getting chalked up to scouting error but it goes deeper than that.
C-Bailey24

Postby PointGuard » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:09 pm

I'm passing along your suggestions, 23zone...and your comment, c-bailey24 to Gary for his consideration.

You're right defensive pressure in college is tremendously different than what a player experiences in high school, so that definitely plays into a player not shooting as well in Div. 1 play as he did in HS. In real life, players who look great in high school are often busts in college...and if not busts, at least nothing much more that average or below average players in Div. 1. I'm not saying Gary should not look at this and possibly make a change, but just am playing devil's advocate a little here.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby C-Bailey24 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:39 pm

PointGuard wrote:I'm passing along your suggestions, 23zone...and your comment, c-bailey24 to Gary for his consideration.

You're right defensive pressure in college is tremendously different than what a player experiences in high school, so that definitely plays into a player not shooting as well in Div. 1 play as he did in HS. In real life, players who look great in high school are often busts in college...and if not busts, at least nothing much more that average or below average players in Div. 1. I'm not saying Gary should not look at this and possibly make a change, but just am playing devil's advocate a little here.

I hear what you are saying but we're not just talking about a few players here and there. This is rampant throughout the game. It's an efficiency problem with the engine when the majority of top three scorers on every team are shooting sub 42%. With the exception of Centers and Power Forwards. What i notice about the scoring rating is that the higher it is the less efficient perimeter players are. They just shoot a boatload of shots because the rating is high. And because this rating heavily influences overall rating i think it needs to be re-tuned to represent more efficiency than volume.
C-Bailey24

Postby PointGuard » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:42 am

In a previous version of DDSCB SG's were scoring way too much and interior players were scoring too little. Gary adjusted this but C's and PF's were then scoring too much and SG's too little. He tweaked it and it's closer now, but I think that C's and PF's still are a little too high and SG's a little too low. With regard to FG% its very possible that interior players are a little high and SG's are a little low...kind of hard to accurately compare CB individual FG%'s with real NCAA Div 1 individual FG%'s to determine how much out of line CB MAY be.

Overall my previous comparison of TEAM FG% was that DDSCB2018 compared pretty closely to real NCAA Div 1 so have to be careful not to throw that all askew. It's a tough balancing act.

As a suggestion for CB2019, I previously suggested to Gary that he tweak scoring SLIGHTLY to increase SG's scoring and lower interior player scoring but didn't mention FG% so I am sending your post to him.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby JMD » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:26 am

We need more first and last names in the database.
JMD

Postby PointGuard » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:29 am

JMD wrote:We need more first and last names in the database.

Think we already passed a similar suggestion along, but not sure, so I've sent it on to Gary for cnsideration.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby 23Zone » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:23 am

Thought of another one... listing the seeds received in the tournament on both the school and coach history screens. Would be nice to look back and see how many times my school or coach had gotten a particular seed and how well we did with it.

Forgot to mention in my previous post how I really enjoy the game. The Wolverine team (I guess I can type that word even though it is the nickname of TTUN) does a great job of listening to the people who play the games and improving the product. Also... I would consider buying DDS college FB if the recruiting was more like DDSCB :)
Guess this is the wrong forum for that comment. Anyway... thanks so much for what you guys do.
23Zone

Postby PointGuard » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:12 pm

23Zone wrote:Thought of another one... listing the seeds received in the tournament on both the school and coach history screens. Would be nice to look back and see how many times my school or coach had gotten a particular seed and how well we did with it.

Forgot to mention in my previous post how I really enjoy the game. The Wolverine team (I guess I can type that word even though it is the nickname of TTUN) does a great job of listening to the people who play the games and improving the product. Also... I would consider buying DDS college FB if the recruiting was more like DDSCB :)
Guess this is the wrong forum for that comment. Anyway... thanks so much for what you guys do.

Passed this along to Gary.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2018 General Discussion