Suggestions for 2019 Version

Re: Suggestions for 2019 Version

Postby SirMichaelJordan » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:55 am

As a small school player, I would love to see consolation games for preseason tournaments. This will be a good chance to get some more games played against some bigger and better schools especially if you are a smaller school that was invited to a tournament.

Also,

Coaches playstyle preferences would be a nice addition along with recruiting preferences. This way coaches will have even more personality and flavor and will recruit players who fit into their playstyle.
SirMichaelJordan

Postby Deedsy » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:24 am

A couple end of game items.

Ability to call a time out after a made basket.

Players show more urgency in final minutes. See the shot clock get down to single digits near end of the game needing quick shots.

To easily select who to intentionally foul, have a check box simliar to the double team to select the player to foul as soon as the get the ball
Deedsy

Postby fabfries » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:52 pm

It's a really small thing, but if possible I'd like to see a little more randomization in the jersey #'s of players. As it stands I really only ever see numbers 1-25 being given to guards (occasionally 20-25 given to a forward) , and numbers 30-55 given to forwards/centers. However, this isn't really the case in the NCAA. If we could add the possibility of having big guys able to wear smaller numbers and small guys to wear #30-35, it'd be pretty sweet.

edit: here's a few more, just for kicks -

I would like to see programs kind of rise and fall more often - it just makes stuff more interesting. maybe giving us the option to determine how much prestige changes every year as a setting would be possible? i don't know. But for me, after doing a long dynasty, I especially love to look back and look at programs that rose to prominence.

I'd also like to see more underrated recruits - maybe this already happens a little, but i feel like I never see any players from small schools getting drafted or being that talented, when in reality, there are a few drafted every year from smaller schools that were not rated highly and ended up being gems. We could counter this with just a bit more overrated recruits at the top? just a random thought!
fabfries

Postby PointGuard » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:50 pm

Everything is this thread thus far has been passed along to Gary for his consideration.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby PointGuard » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:59 pm

If you have other suggestions for changes and improvements for DDSCB2019 NOW is the time to provide them HERE.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby C-Bailey24 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:32 am

Don't know if these fall under the tag of "suggestion" but i'll try again anyway

1. Can we get players to play a little more closer to their shot profiles. Example, the player card says his shot profile 70% "Jumper"/ 30% "Three", yet his stats will say he averages 12 shots a game and NINE of them are from three point land which actually makes the profile backwards. And note, this is not just players on MY team this is prevalent throughout the CPU controlled teams as well. I made long winded posts on this the last two versions and what my theory on it is but it just has gone by the wayside both times.

2. Can something be done about Top scorers with really poor shooting percentages. This kind of ties in with #1. If i go to my league leaders in scoring i'll frequently see guys averaging 18ppg or more with shooting percentages under 40%. The Top 10 is littered with them unless they play C/PF. Those guys seem to be fairly efficient. But Guards and Small Forwards are not. There needs to be more efficient scorers seeing as though they are the elite talents in the nation and/or their conference.
C-Bailey24

Postby PointGuard » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:48 pm

Got it and passed along.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby zzzz » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:32 pm

New player here.. loving the game so far (great work guys) to a point that my wife has begun to nag me....my list of suggestions :

1. game stats for different offensive/defensive sets (similar to the lineup comparison) that could help me evaluate which sets works best for me. while I understand there are simple (though kind of ambiguous) descriptions for each set, I still have difficulties trying to optimize the usage based on my players' talents. seeing what the net result of those different sets would help greatly.

2. condense the rotation setup all on one screen. instead of splitting into 1st half (a)(b) second half (a)(b) and having me to tab multiple times to go into each segment, why not put all 20 time frames on one screen? there seems to be more than enough real estate to squeeze all info on one screen. It is much easy to visualize the entire game plan that way. Also see below....

3. If there seems to be too much info (from #2 above), color code the player names in the rotation setup like an excel table. visually I think it would make it so much easier to plan.

4. replace injured player automatically from the rotation setup. Once I had a center who played the entire game (left with endurance value of 2) because I forgot to replace the other injured center from rotation.

5. have the ability to save rotation setup since I experiment with those. it would be good if there's a easy way to flip back to another setup instead of filling out 5 positions x 20 time frames (in the worst case scenario) across multiple tabs.

6. More player names. I don't know how large the current name database is but it becomes too frequent to see repeated last names after only 3-4 seasons. yeah I understand there are a lot of "Williams" in the basketball world but many unusual names turn up too often.
zzzz

Postby PointGuard » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:32 pm

zzzz: Welcome to DDSCB...good you're enjoying the game!

Some good suggestions...I've forwarded them on to Gary for his consideration.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby NCAAhoops » Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:39 pm

I have a couple more, hope its not too late.
I've seen a few posts about too many 3's and I think Assists, block shots & Offensive Rebounds are a little high league wide. Maybe do like other games in the past where the user can slightly make global adjustments like the current injury adjustment at the beginning of an association. Then 3's, drives, passing, offensive & Defensive rebounding, post, jumper maybe other all could benefit from this. Use the current setting to begin as a center point and have separate screen where you could make adjustment to these as the user feels needed either upward or downward. Maybe make it unavailable to multi player leagues or only available to the Admin at startup. This could be a benefit to any of these type requests as the user can decide for himself what's correct but limit how much of an adjustment we have so you can't go too extreme. The only one I would like an extreme adjustment to is 3's do if you wanted to paly a association from past history before the three you could adjust the 3 point to bare minimum so threes would be rare. (only allow the 3's adjustment to have this much extreme adjustment).

One more when playing a game and you go to the Subs screen if you sort by position or by defensive rating you can't sort back to the depth chart it started the game with. It would be nice to have this available.
NCAAhoops

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2018 General Discussion