Does ball handling matter enough

Does ball handling matter enough

Postby Double Dribble » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:46 am

this is a sampling of high usage players with low ball handling with not many turnovers per game. It seems ball handling works on a different scale like defense did earlier or its not having the impact it should. when i play tough defense on these guys, they may have a bad game but they rarely turn it over.

Double Dribble

Re: Does ball handling matter enough

Postby PointGuard » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:19 pm

I don't know the answer to your question, but you're looking at some elite players. So possibly their many other skills make up for their lesser ball-handling skills. Maybe they're more likely to get the ball and put up a shot quicker than a lesser player who would dribble around more. So therefore these guys turn the ball over less often. Or they pull down a rebound and dish it off to a good ball handler quicker than a lesser player who may put the ball on the floor first before finding someone to pass to.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Double Dribble » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:01 pm

now ill post pictures of players with higher ball handling skills but more turnovers. also it looks like not enough high ball handling players are being produced.

i hope gary takes a look at this. as of now, it seems low ball handling doesnt adversely effect players and high ball handling doesnt benefit players as much as youd think.

gary did an excellent job tweaking the numbers for defense and i hope he can look at this as well

Double Dribble

Postby PointGuard » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:20 pm

I agree this is worth Gary taking a look at, but the ones with high turnovers that you've shown are all PG's so they are handling the ball and passing it more than anyone else on the team, so you'd expect more turnovers than the ones you showed with low turnovers (who weren't PG's).
Last edited by PointGuard on Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby Wayne23 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:46 pm

I keep my offensive pace at 7, and it helps a lot with both TOs and scoring. Fewer passes = fewer mistakes!
Wayne23

Postby Gary Gorski » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:45 am

I will look at it
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby Double Dribble » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:53 pm

Thanks Gary!!
Double Dribble

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2018 General Discussion