Bribes

Bribes

Postby MKnight82 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:52 pm

How do bribes work financially? Do you need to keep recruiting money in reserve to pay the recruits at the end of the year?
MKnight82

Re: Bribes

Postby PointGuard » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:33 pm

As soon as a recruit advises he's willing to accept the bribe if he signs with your team, the money is deducted from your remaining recruiting budget right then. Should he subsequently accept a scholarship offer to another program, the amount of money that was being held for his bribe is reinserted into your budget.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby OneAndDone » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:55 am

If the recruit accepts a scholarship to another program and the bribe money is returned to the budget, does that count as a violation for you?
OneAndDone

Postby PointGuard » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:47 pm

I'm not sure, but I would assume that it could. I also THINK that just offering a bribe, even if the intended recipient refuses it, could potentially be the basis of action. Again, all this is just my opinion.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby leslieweizen » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:33 pm

Do we have theories about what bribes do/don't bring serious penalties? The CPU teams can get whacked pretty seriously (UNC just got a four-year postseason ban with no scholarships and a probably head coach firing for bribing SIX players in my dynasty) but my morals are slipping as my team's prestige rises and I start to draw serious interest from Top 20 recruits. I offered one guy the 5k "celebrity meeting" bribe and now he's signed with me and I'm like :confused: THE FUTURE
leslieweizen

Postby PointGuard » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:47 am

Like in real life, some get caught, others don't. So you just never know. Y'a jes take yer chances. :D
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2018 General Discussion