New Player Question

New Player Question

Postby corwinKB » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:25 pm

Hey guys,

I just found this game on steam and wanted to check it out. I started off without a school (probably should have picked one to start) and decided to roll wit hit. Not sure where to find available jobs or if I have to wait for one to be offered, or if there is a list of schools somewhere where I can grab a new job. Do i just wait for jobs to be available or am I missing something?

I looked around for a manual and found a quick start guide in the game but that didnt seem to answer my question. Thanks for your help!
corwinKB

Re: New Player Question

Postby Wayne23 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:55 pm

Job offers happen on April 9 every year. When I was first learning the game I was quick to ditch associations once I learned enough from one. Took me a while before I played an association for several years. BUT... everyone learns their own way.

This game is both deep and rich so there is definitely a learning curve, but this is a very active forum. We encourage questions and comments, and you won't typically need to wait long for answers.

Welcome!
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby corwinKB » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:01 pm

Hey Wayne thanks for the quick response!

I have been mostly playing ootp for my manager fix but I am loving the UI and indepthness of this game so far. I downloaded the real team/logo/coach mods and databases and cant wait to get started :)
corwinKB

Postby Wayne23 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:21 pm

Again, welcome, and ask your questions. This is a great community of players.
Wayne23

Postby corwinKB » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:54 am

Just going to bump this thread to avoid making a new one.

——————/////

I am a little confused about my current save. For those following my Dynasty Report i am the 2nd Assistant for the Loyola-Chicago Ramblers. I am in charge of recruiting and we are about 4 games into the season. The in game date shows we are in the Evaluation period (Nov - Mar) but I can’t seem to make any adjustments or interactions to the recruiting situation. Everything is currently gray and locked. I was a bit confused at first until I realized I was out of the Evaluation window when I first noticed the problem, but now I am confused what is going on IN the window.

If I am not mistaken I should be able to view tape, call, add/remove from lists, and schedule campus visits. Seeing that I am in charge of scouting and have no influence over the game at all this will make for an incredibly long season.

Every once in awhile swimming up to the game I notice the computer has a progress bar called ‘recruiting’ as well. I assume scouting and recruiting fall under separate duties in DDCB.

Any help would be great!
corwinKB

Postby PointGuard » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:29 am

Scouting assistant and Recruiting assistant are two separate and completely different functions and you can't be both. As scouting assistant you will be evaluating upcoming teams your team will play and answering questions to provide your head coach with advice. As recruiting assistant, you will be providing advice to the head coach about potential recruits.

Even though I've played DDSCB since it's inception several years ago, I've never played the game as an assistant coach, just as head coach. So there are those here who can provide more detailed information about being an assistant coach.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby Wayne23 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:59 am

I've never played as an assistant either. Sorry.
Wayne23

Postby corwinKB » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:44 pm

I guess I am the guinea pig. Yes I have seen the questions and have failed miserably at them so far, better start studying the scouting reports lolz
corwinKB

Postby PointGuard » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:33 pm

Here's some comments I found from posts by CoachC in a previous version of DDSCB about being the scouting assistant:

"Scouting coach is the most grueling, because you must watch games of upcoming opponents live in order to do your job.
If you like hard work though, scouting coach is definitely the most involving. not only do you have to watch future opponents in order to get player ratings, you then must look at all those individual ratings and stats, along with team stats, and yes even sabremetric stats and take copious offline notes for them (i used wordpad since the in game coach's notes are reserved for the head coach) to reference when you are asked 10 sometimes impossible questions about that opponent for the upcoming game. The more of those 10 questions you can answer correctly the better your scouting report will be. All in all, it's about 300 times harder than being a head coach!"
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby corwinKB » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:44 pm

0_o chucklehead award of the year goes to me xD should have picked a team to head coach for! however i will persevere, just need to change the story in my dynasty report to reflect the job that I am doing instead of the job I thought i would be doing!
corwinKB

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2018 General Discussion