What I have learned so far

Re: What I have learned so far

Postby PointGuard » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:32 pm

Re #3, #6 and #7...yeah, recruiting is more challenging as low prestige schools. I think that's actually pretty realistic. Yeah, many out of staters won't visit and I think that Gary needs to tweak this a bit, but as you said, you still can land them (and your home visits are key). I like the increased challenges the come with recruiting at low prestige schools and I use brutal level. Possibly if reduce the level of recruiting to or toward EASY, more recruits will visit...not sure...have never tested that.

Re #5...you're absolutely correct...the home court advantage is pretty realistic. I have checked that for real life division 1 teams a couple times over the past few years and found home-cookin' is good in both real life as well as DDSCB.

Re #8...yes it's up to you to watch grades for your players and use study more/tutors as needed. But suspensions last for one term...so if they're suspended in the Sept-Dec time frame and then you get their grades up over 2.0 by end of December, they will become available in January. At least I believe that to be the case...I haven't had any players be suspended for grades for so long that I could possibly be wrong about this, but don't think I am.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Your_Imaginary_Friend » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:35 pm

Looks like players reinstate their eligibility the day before conference play begins. That is, between Christmas and New Year's Day, but in time for the new conference season.
Your_Imaginary_Friend

Postby Your_Imaginary_Friend » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:35 pm

Unlike DDSPro, there is no indication anywhere that I have given a player training instructions. When I don't play for a few days and come back, I have no way of remembering if a guy is in the middle of a 'Drive More' type of training plan
Your_Imaginary_Friend

Postby Your_Imaginary_Friend » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:37 pm

I can't figure out why recruits jump up and down the WSSN list by so much. I've had guys inflate by nearly 1000 slots and then come back down to around where they started. I get the scouts opinion and the stats are changing, however the magnitude is too much. The scouted potentials don't really change enough to warrant this huge difference in opinion. Why am I paying for such inaccurate assessments? The 'magazine' top 200 is better, but the two services often move in different directions, which is hard to interpret.
Your_Imaginary_Friend

Postby Your_Imaginary_Friend » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:44 pm

I am starting to get the hang of using the scouting reports to alter my offense and sometimes defense, by opponent. I vary my offense plan a bit but that seems insignificant compare to altering the Focus and offensive set percentages. If I want to slow down, I increase the offensive set percentage. If I look much better than the other team, I'll allow more freedom. I check the other teams defensive ratings and attack the inside or outside depending on where they are weakest, choosing Balanced if nothing sticks out. Seems to work for me.

On defense, I'm trying to have MAN, 2-3 and 3-2 at decent levels so I can choose to play a zone against teams that are overfocused on inside or outside. Not quite there yet, however. I also like to press as much as possible, and recruit for steals and defense to make that work. Interior steal ability is a key for this, too.
Your_Imaginary_Friend

Postby Your_Imaginary_Friend » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:54 am

I'm fairly certain now that pace is ONLY controlled by the setting on the coach's screen.

On defense, I don't understand what the 'ZONE DEFENSE' preference on the coach's screen does. Since I can directly control the types of defenses my team will employ on the STRATEGY screen, what is the point of this? This and PLAYER PREFERENCE seem to be vestigial from the Pro game.
Your_Imaginary_Friend

Previous

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2018 General Discussion