Some new player questions

Some new player questions

Postby BrettC » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:21 am

Hey everyone, brand new to DDSCB and I think I've got a decent handle on things but trying to learn everything I can. I had a few questions, mostly about recruiting and hopefully some of the regulars to the game can help me out.

1) When is the best time to offer a scholarship? Right away with someone you like, or wait a bit?
2) When do you call it quits on a recruit you feel you're not going to have a chance to sign?
3) Is there any need to continue calling a recruit when all the info is available? Does it ever change?
4) How do you get the parents information regarding what they want from a school? I've seen my assistant find out some stuff, is there any way for me to do it too?
BrettC

Re: Some new player questions

Postby PointGuard » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:02 am

BrettC wrote:Hey everyone, brand new to DDSCB and I think I've got a decent handle on things but trying to learn everything I can. I had a few questions, mostly about recruiting and hopefully some of the regulars to the game can help me out.

1) When is the best time to offer a scholarship? Right away with someone you like, or wait a bit? I don't think there is a specific "best" time to offer a scholarship. It varies on your needs, the info you've developed on a recruit, the interest level you've created in a recruit. But...a few very highly rated recruits will accept scholarship offers in late August or the first week in September.
A much greater number of recruits will begin accepting offers on or shortly after Sept. 11 (first week you can do home visits. Only a few of the remaining available recruits will accept scholarships between early Nov and mid/late March. When April rolls around and if you have scholarships yet to fill, remaining available recruits will often be receptive to your offers.

2) When do you call it quits on a recruit you feel you're not going to have a chance to sign? If a recruit doesn't like a campus visit or one of your home visits, he's unlikely to seriously consider your program.
3) Is there any need to continue calling a recruit when all the info is available? Does it ever change? Even if you've got the list of recruit interests developed, you still can get additional comments/notes on the player and can also increase his interest level.
4) How do you get the parents information regarding what they want from a school? I've seen my assistant find out some stuff, is there any way for me to do it too?You might get some when you call and ask a recruit about his parents, but also from your assistant's on-going contact and during a home visit.

Welcome to DDSCB...ENJOY!
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Re: Some new player questions

Postby BrettC » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:26 pm

Thanks a lot man! :)
BrettC

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2018 General Discussion