Converting from 17 to 18 - manually changing teams in conf?

Converting from 17 to 18 - manually changing teams in conf?

Postby WarEagle13 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:13 pm

I have a question.....I have a season that I was playing in ver17 that is almost completed. I want to try and go back to this to finish in ver17, but once I get to the next season (May1) I would like to import it to ver18.

One reason I stopped playing it was a couple teams that no longer were in correct conferences (ie the main one Wichita State moving to American)

If I get to May 1 and import to ver18, is there a way I can manually change the teams around correctly without corrupting the league?
WarEagle13

Re: Converting from 17 to 18 - manually changing teams in co

Postby PointGuard » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:48 pm

My recollection is that within DDSCB2018 you can change as many teams to different conferences as you want on May 1 each year (within the OPTIONS tab). I'm not at that point in my association, so can't confirm it. My suggestion is to get to get to the point with DDSCB2017 where it says to end the season and move on to the next season and SAVE. Then when loading DDSCB2018, try to convert your DDSCB2017 association to DDSCB2018, then end the season and go to the next season. It will then be May 1 within DDSCB2018 and THEN do the conference changes you want to do.

I think that will work but if it doesn't you still have the DDSCB2017 save. You could then try within CB2017 to end the season and move on to the next one. Once that is done and saved (different SAVE NAME), convert that new SAVE into CB2018 (it will be at May 1 within CB2018 then) and then do the conference changes.

Worst case, if all fails, you still have your CB2017 association saved and not lost and can go to wolverinestudios.com, then within the SUPPORT tab, complete the Contact Form and submit it so Gary can tell you how to do it.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Re: Converting from 17 to 18 - manually changing teams in co

Postby Wayne23 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:19 am

On May 1 you can change teams' conferences, as many as you like, BUT, each is a one to one trade. For example, if you want Duke in the Big 10, you need to move a Big 10 team to the ACC, say Northwestern. Then you can trade another pair of teams, from any conferences, the same way. You can, again, do this as many times as you like.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2018 General Discussion