Zone vs. Man to Man Defense

Zone vs. Man to Man Defense

Postby BKL » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:28 pm

Can someone help me understand the pros/cons of using a Zone defense vs. a Man-to-Man defense? My team utilizes both, but is there a certain types of teams or offenses that you would be better to use zone and others you'd be better for man-to-man?

Also, if you use a zone defense, then can you still use the press defense as well? Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought press (full court, half court, etc.) was generally more man-to-man play, so how would this work if you are using a zone defense?
BKL

Re: Zone vs. Man to Man Defense

Postby PointGuard » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:31 am

There are basic desciptions of the difference defensive strategies on the Defensive Strategy page within the Strategy tab.

Here's one site that provides some pros/cons of using zone defenses: https://www.coachesclipboard.net/ZoneDefense.html
There are a lot of other sites that can provide background about the various zone as well as m-2-m defensive strategies..

There are zone and m-2-m full court presses, and you can set up to practice various ones by going to the Strategy tab and picking the one(s) you want to use on the Defensive Strategy page and setting up practice time for the one(s) you chose within the Practice Plan page.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2018 General Discussion