Underclassmen Declaring Option

Underclassmen Declaring Option

Postby BKL » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:59 pm

In my current NCAA league, I have left off the ability for underclassmen to declare. I enjoy seeing the student athletes grow, develop, and accumulate history/stats with their school. However, I am considering starting a new league with the ability for underclassmen to declare. Does anyone play with this option left on and, if so, how do they find it? Does it have much of an impact? Historically, could underclassmen always declare?

Thanks!
BKL

Re: Underclassmen Declaring Option

Postby PointGuard » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:45 pm

I've always played allowing underclassmen to declare. With the low prestige schools I now almost always take on, it makes no difference since none of the players are good enough to declare early. When I used to play at higher prestige programs, sometimes I would lose a player or two and would have to go after transfer players or leave a scholarship unfilled for a year, but I still had plenty of good players to maintain a strong team. And many teams within the 'power' conferences will have players declaring early, so everyone within a given conference is on pretty equal footing.

Being able to declare early dates back to the early 1970's (google "Spencer Haywood").
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2018 General Discussion