two persistent DDS:CB bugs

two persistent DDS:CB bugs

Postby rtruesdell » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:45 pm

Hey all,

Some of you know I've played this game for a long time. I just finished playing out a game, and find myself frustrated by two bugs that have stayed in the game for several versions now.

1) Media timeouts get skipped. I haven't been quite able to pin down all the scenarios where this happens, but one is definitely when a team calls a time out prior to a media. The media TO simply doesn't happen. (That doesn't seem to be the only reason, though, so I'm hoping at least that one note will be helpful.) This is frustrating, because I base subs around them. Also, when playing on the road at a school with good facilities, those media TO's are critical for shutting down the home team's momentum.

2) When a play is called during a time out, the play is not "cancelled" for subsequent possessions. This is true when the team would otherwise run a set play... it always reruns the play with the two "default: players. For example, if you call a pick-and-roll, the next time down the court, it will attempt the same play using the 1 and 2 guards (the default players when you select the play the first time). If it's a non-set "freedom" offense, that happens as normal. This bug is repeatable and should be easy to track down.

I love this game and have enjoyed the new versions. If Gary is viewing these posts and can take a look at these two issues, I would be a happy customer. :)

Thanks,
Rod
rtruesdell

Re: two persistent DDS:CB bugs

Postby rtruesdell » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:49 pm

BTW, I also posted this in the support forum, but I wanted to put it out to the rest of the community in case someone could help pin down other cases where the media TO's are skipped. Thanks!
rtruesdell

Postby ezcar » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:08 pm

I agree with you. Another bug I think would be an easy fix is when the offense gets the ball back after their shot gets blocked the shot clock gets reset. Tough on the defense, especially when it happens late in the shot clock and would have possibly led to a shot clock violation, rushed shot, and or turnover. Instead D gets worn down for another 30 seconds.
ezcar

Postby rtruesdell » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:46 pm

Yes, I've noticed that as well.

The converse to that is when a shot appears to hit the rim (by sound effect at least!) and goes out of bounds, but the shooting team gets possession on the team rebound, the clock does NOT reset.
rtruesdell

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2018 General Discussion