Conference Tournament Seeding - Correct?

Conference Tournament Seeding - Correct?

Postby BKL » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:57 pm

I am playing in the Mid-American tournament as Buffalo. We the second-best record overall in the conference and overall (including non-conference games). In the tournament we are seeded as 4th. When I look online for the seeding rules, it says teams are seeded in order of winning percentage, which would mean we should be seeded 2nd. I realize all this tie-breaker rules might be difficult to code, but I just wanted to confirm this is in fact incorrect? Or am I missing something? It would be nice to have a way to customize the seeding (i.e. you can just manually enter the seeding for each team). Is there any methodology to the tie-breaker logic in the game?
BKL

Re: Conference Tournament Seeding - Correct?

Postby PointGuard » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:03 am

What I've seen with DDSCB is that the tournament conference seedings are in accord with W-L percentage for conference games (overall record is irrelevant). If there is s tie then the seeding seems to be dependent upon how the teams that are tied did against each other. I have never seen a team that finished in an uncontested 2nd place in the conference to be seeded 4th.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2018 General Discussion