Free Throw Percentage

Free Throw Percentage

Postby BKL » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:35 pm

My team is always worst than it's opponent at the free throw line. I assume there's not much I can do about this (other than considering this when we recruit). Any other suggestions?
BKL

Re: Free Throw Percentage

Postby PointGuard » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:23 am

First, I'd suggest you go to "Team Stats" and click on FT% to rank order that stat and see what your team's FT percentage truly is and if your team really is worse than the average team (average team will probably be hitting about 70% of the FT's but that may be slightly different in your association). You may find that your perception is different than what's really happening and your team really isn't as poor at the line as you think.

Yes, if FT shooting is an issue for you, then yeah you can go after better FT shooters when recruiting.

Again, if FT% is an issue, you can give more minutes to your players who are better at the line.

If you're ahead by a little in the final few minutes of a game when it's likely that your opponents will intentionally foul, then you can put players on the court (particularly your PG and to a lesser degree your SG) who are better FT shooters.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2018 General Discussion