Unrealistic scheduling?

Unrealistic scheduling?

Postby hefewe1zen » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:58 pm

I'm playing with South Tulsa, Middle States Conference, team prestige 27, conf prestige 15. I left scheduling to the computer.

My non-conf schedule includes 3 top20 teams and several teams of a prestige 85 conference. Of the 12 games, 10 are played away.

I'm currently 1-3 but expect to finish them 4-8 or something. Team goal is to finish above .500. Looks impossible and it would be really annoying to be fired because of the stupid scheduling.
hefewe1zen

Re: Unrealistic scheduling?

Postby alternativestats » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:07 pm

I am curious what kind of schedule you requested the AD to make. I am playing as Southern Illinois Edwardsville currently, I asked for a balanced schedule and more or less got that. I get some even match-ups both home and on the road, and then I have a few were I am clearly fodder for an upper level opponent. I think I had one home game where I was a clear favorite but I wouldn't expect much more than that as a bottom tier program.
alternativestats

Re: Unrealistic scheduling?

Postby PointGuard » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:49 pm

I don't think the scheduling is all that unrealistic for a 27 prestige team, but yeah, each year it varies and sometimes you get a bunch of away games.

There was an opportunity to get rid of some of the Top 25 teams or other high prestige schools on your schedule when the tentative schedule was announced, if playing such a tough schedule isn't what you wanted for your team. But your RPI is likely to be high even if you lose most of those games.

But yeah, you're likely to have a losing record going into conference play. Unless your team totally tanks in conference play, though, I doubt you will be fired.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2018 General Discussion