My games are not starting

My games are not starting

Postby appleseed » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:16 pm

Hi, new user here. Every time I try to play games it goes to the starting screen, but then nothing happens. It just stays at 20:00. I have looked for buttons that might start it, but I dont see anything. Anyone know what I should do?
appleseed

Re: My games are not starting

Postby PointGuard » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:52 am

At the top of the screen that shows the court, you will see several icons.

There's and up and a down arrow for changing the game speed...that allows you to adjust the speed of play...you can adjust the game speed before the game begins or anytime during the game.

There's the Functions icon that takes you to another screen where you can adjust your lineup/substitute, determine who if anyone you want to double team, adjust offensive and defensive aspects for your team, take actions during time outs, etc.

There the Options icon that allows you to determine if you want to allow auto subbing, pausing the game at all game stoppages, show the halftime report, and enable game sounds.

But to GET PLAY STARTED...you need to click on the forward sideways arrow that advances play. You also will need to click on that arrow at points in the game to take fouls shots, get play restarted after game stoppages,move to stats pages at the end of a game, etc.

There's also a pause icon that stops action...if you click that, you need to click the sideways forward arrow to get play restarted.

By the way, welcome to DDSCB...feel free to ask questions here whenever you wish...most of the time other players will be able to reply and assist. I'd also suggest that you read through the DDSCG2018 QUICK GUIDE that you can access by clicking on the HELP tab on the home page and then clicking on the BOOK icon that you will see in the "Game Questions" section of the Help page.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby appleseed » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:48 pm

I think the arrows and buttons you are talking about are hidden on my screen. Parts of the screen do not fit on my computer and the spot where the arrows are supposed to be is covered up by the title bar(the thin gray bar that says the title of the game).
appleseed

Postby PointGuard » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:28 pm

What's your screen resolution set to? 1920X1080 works best.

Also, make sure your screen display scaling is set to 100%.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2018 General Discussion