Story of Chip Payne Part 1

Story of Chip Payne Part 1

Postby Eugene93126 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:34 pm

This is probably one of the most iconic stories that I have ever created for a player like Chip. From a kid who was a benchwarmer in his Frosh team to a top 5 PG in the NBA, this was an inspirational story about an underdog kid from Missouri. This story will be in first person and will be like an article. I will post his college and pre college stories here and post the rest in Pro Basketball 2018 or General Discussion. Anyways this story is planning on to be a long and exhausting story for Chip and FYI I’m in his 5th season in the NBA right now. No spoilers!

P.S. This story is located in the 2030s-2050s so you will not know any of these fictional players.

Prologue

My name is Chip Payne. I am this kid from Bowling Green, Missouri and this is about my story to greatness in the NBA and how I somehow broke all odds and became considerable one of the greatest PGs in NBA history. I had a lot going on and it just wasn't me being a hard worker but it is the fact on how I got motivated by a lot of my friends and families. I was born in a poor rural family in Missouri and I never really liked playing ball. It was my older brother, Chuck, who was 5 years older than me that encouraged me to play basketball. At the age of 4, my brother started training me and I was not happy because I could have been playing with my other friends in nursery school instead of spending my time playing ball. On the long run though, it paid off. I started playing club basketball when I entered kindergarten and was pretty much the most outstanding player on the team. That is the team that I would been playing for the next 8 years. In those next 8 years, I learned a ton of stuff that would build my character and how I am today. Our club team was always local champs in my county, Pike, but we were never good up to the point of national level. We would always lose against the platinum level teams. I learned to be a team carrier when our team is in need of a leader I would step up. Sometimes against a good team I would pour in 40 points but against a bad team I would score 17 points. That is how I play when my team needs me I turn up when my team doesn't need me I don't do as well. I do better under pressure. Anyways, for the next 8 years, up until I went to high school, I played like a monster in club but by my 8th grade year I was pretty worried. No scouts have contacted me about scholarships or at least emailed me. I was not known. For my freshman year, I went to Bowling Green High, a decent high school with plenty of talent and a young coach. As a freshman, I only made it to my Frosh team and barely made it. I was not even a starter in my freshman year! I was a benchwarmer that only got 10 to 20 min a game. I protested the coach plenty of times but he said my time will come. Our varsity team that year made the state playoffs but lost in the quarterfinals to a strong studded team that lost in the state finals. In the summer of 2032, I worked with my brother in the local gym and trained 5 to 6 hours per day. I was working like a slave with no life and was sweating from head to toe every day. For our summer tryout, I thought I did well but coach didn't promote me to varsity instead he promoted me to JV. I was pretty dispirited with the news.

But my brother came up to me one day and told me " Hey little bro, don't give up. Just try your best and don't quit then you can be on the varsity team next year."

"Not possible, coach hates me!", I yelled.

"No he doesn't. He is just waiting for you to hit your ceiling so you can do better in varsity rather than sit on the bench. Would you rather play 30 min a game in JV then play 0 min in varsity", he asked.

"I get your point", I claimed.

"Then stop complaining, it only make things worse", he stated.

After that, I changed my mindset about my game and how my coach is. I worked harder than ever and stopped complaining about matters surrounding basketball. In my sophomore season, I was a starter in JV. I averaged around 15.6ppg, 8.9apg, and 3.2reb. Our varsity team ended the season with a great win in the Semi-Finals against the best player in Missouri and we won the State Finals. The first time in 10 years! After that season though, a lot of our seniors left and coach decided to tell me one day in offseason the ecstatic news about my status on the team.

"You made it to varsity", he told me gravely.

"As a starter or a benchwarmer", I asked curiously.

"A mere 6th man getting around 25 min", he said.

After that conversation, I was pretty excited for the upcoming season and I trained with my bro who comes back every summer from MIssouri St. In my first varsity season, I averaged 8.6ppg, 2.3apg. and 1.3reb. I only started 4 games that season and in those games I averaged 12 ppg. Coach was still impressed with my performance as a junior and was going to make me an official starter next season. That is when I blew up. In my senior season, I averaged 23.6ppg, 12.4apg, and 7.8reb with 3.4stl and 2.3bpg. Reasons? I hit a gigantic growth spurt of 5 inches which made me 6' 2.5" . I also worked out in the summer and became stronger and sturdier. I also found my shot and had a 3pt percent of 45%. In that one season, I spurred offers from Florida(they were nat champs that season), Oregon, Arizona, Mizzou(made it to final 4 against Florida), Louisville(Naty runner up against Florida), Duke, Villanova, Maryland(elite 8), Kentucky(Final 4 loss to Louisville), and UCONN. My first visit was from Mizzou who has taken interest in me at the end of my Junior season. MIzzou loves to recruit players from my school so when the scout saw me as the 6th man he sent me my first recruiting letter as a walk on. At first, I thought I would commit to Mizzou sooner or later but when I got offers from Florida, Arizona, etc I decided to take my time. Florida was the one that stand out to me as their playing style fits me. The fast paced offense with aggressive defense was what I was looking for to play with. Still though, by the time March came around I was nationally ranked as the 25th player in the nation and was the 10th best PG in the nation. I was one of those later commits due to the fact of my fast rising from a two star recruit to a 5 star. On March 15th, Florida invited me to one of their March Madness games and I saw them destroy the 4th seed Arkansas by 30 points. I got to meet the players and check out their campus a week later. The staff were great, the players were excited to meet me. Therefore, I sent back an email to the head coach a happy letter about my visit. One week later on March 22nd, I decided to commit to the Florida Gators. As I saw about my commitment to Florida, hope started to fill in me and I thought for the first time in my life that I actually have a chance to make it into the NBA. I was planning on leaving the NBA after my senior season but that promise wasn't kept. I decided to go for the NBA sooner and with a much higher draft stock then I expected. The call from the Florida HC in the summer of 2035 was when my journey truly began.

Florida HC: Hello, calling from the Florida Basketball Department, is Chip Payne available?

Chip Payne: This is him.

Florida HC: Oh hi Chip! I just wanted to tell you about your plane tickets.

Chip Payne: What about them?

Florida HC: We heard that you can't afford the plane ticket to the Orlando Airport.

Chip Payne: So?

Florida HC: I can offer you a free plane ticket with a private jet to take you to the airport instead of going to the public airline since you are a prized recruit for our program. I can give you a free ride from our team plane.

Chip Payne: You serious?

Florida HC: Serious serious.

Chip Payne: I accept the offer!

Florida HC: Well, Chip I hope you will bring this program a championship after our loss in the Elite 8 to Duke.

Chip Payne: Definitely! Hoping to take this program all the way!

Florida HC: You're a great player Chip with a whole lot of potential. Bye, have a nice trip.

Phone cuts off
Eugene93126

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2018 General Discussion