Returning Vet of DDSCB

Returning Vet of DDSCB

Postby dwhansen777 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:12 am

I am thinking about purchasing the 2018 version. Started way back when with Tournament Dreams and played DDSCB about 5-6 years ago...and enjoyed it.
A couple of pre-purchase questions.
Setting aside the UI and graphics...has the AI seen significant improvement?...are there more in game tactical decisions/choices?...are there any new features/strategy functions...ie enhanced recruiting options, etc?
I noticed the very recent release of the latest "real world mod"...and I have to also d/l another previous mod to get "real courts...do these two mods work seamlessly together?
TXS for any help with my decision to buy.
dwhansen777

Re: Returning Vet of DDSCB

Postby spitfire » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:43 am

Why not download the free demo and decide for yourself? https://www.wolverinestudios.com/draft- ... imulation/
spitfire

Postby PointGuard » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:10 pm

Welcome back, dwhansen.

If you last played a version from 5-6 years ago, then there have been MANY improvements and additions. I agree with spitfire that it would be a good idea for you to try the demo.

The AI has improved a lot. Recruiting has been made more competitive, as has going after transfer players. There is a Quick Recruiting option. There is more complete and detailed international recruiting.

There are options for allowing you to choose different difficulty levels for recruiting, different levels of injury frequency, various levels of pressure on your head coaching job. Also the ability to switch teams from one conf to another, change tournament names, view team/player chemistry, view player ratings changes and team prestige progression/regression over time, review all head coaches/assistant coaches lineages, new lists for conference and team ratings, improved display of stats for teams and players and leader boards, new options for dealing with player issues on phone calls to the players, improved news and media info, expanded display of team, conference, and association information, easier review of opponents' scouting reports and player info, improvements to in-game strategy and in-game stats. I can't really recall where things were for all aspects of the game 5-6 years ago, so I'm sure there have been lots of other improvements and additions since then.

Mods work seamlessly and are excellent.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby dwhansen777 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:17 am

Thanks guys.
dwhansen777

Postby Memphis Dreams » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:45 am

How easy is it to install the real world mod? I am new aswell.
Memphis Dreams

Postby PointGuard » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:13 am

Memphis Dreams wrote:How easy is it to install the real world mod? I am new aswell.

It's pretty easy and straight-forward. Just follow the detailed instructions that are in the INITIAL post in that thread.

You might want to also check out the new mod that was created about a week ago by NCAAhoops.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2018 General Discussion