Couple questions from a newcomer

Couple questions from a newcomer

Postby rosman21 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:51 pm

Hello,

Really enjoying the game but I have a couple questions...

1.) How to handle weekly incident reports? When I try to call the player and say something about attitude relationship goes down.

2.) How fast do players usually reach their potential? And is there any way you can speed that up?

Thank you!
rosman21

Re: Couple questions from a newcomer

Postby PointGuard » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:11 pm

rosman21 wrote:Hello,

Really enjoying the game but I have a couple questions...

1.) How to handle weekly incident reports? When I try to call the player and say something about attitude relationship goes down.

2.) How fast do players usually reach their potential? And is there any way you can speed that up?

Thank you!

Glad you're enjoying the game and welcome to the forums.

Tough questions to answer because I don't believe there are clear-cut answers to either question. I think that players will have different opinions on these issues, but here's mine:

1. I think how you handle the reported incidents depends purely on you. But if you want to play like you've set up your coach, you may want to be aggressive if you set your coach's Discipline rating high and let things go (for the most part) if you've set your coach's Discipline rating low. I tend to keep my coach's Discipline rating somewhere near the middle, so I typically will call players for more egregious problems and for problems that he repeatedly has. If you remember that a specific player was very interested in Discipline, then maybe you ride him more if he has problems. Also, if you recruit a number of players who are very interested in Discipline and then let things go, that MAY cause them to have their relationship with you deteriorate if you never enforce discipline.

2. There are 3 primary ways to help players improve their ratings and move toward their potential: redshirting, practice, and minutes on the court during games. I don't think there is a direct measurable effect for any of these 3. It varies with the player. Also a player with a high rating for Work Ethic is likely to improve his ratings more quickly than one with a low rating for Work Ethic. Current ratings and Potential ratings for individual players can also go up or down depending on the continuing evaluation/re-evaluation by your head and assistant coaches.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2018 General Discussion