Head Coach and Assistant Coach Ratings

Head Coach and Assistant Coach Ratings

Postby dwhansen777 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:51 am

Does the HC's individual ratings get "added" to the the assistant's rating for scouting...recruiting...and practice?

During the recruiting season the assistant calls each week those recruits on the call list. For live scouting of a player and visiting recruits during the contact phase...is recruiting just a function of the HC's recruiting ability?
dwhansen777

Re: Head Coach and Assistant Coach Ratings

Postby PointGuard » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:44 pm

dwhansen777 wrote:Does the HC's individual ratings get "added" to the the assistant's rating for scouting...recruiting...and practice?

During the recruiting season the assistant calls each week those recruits on the call list. For live scouting of a player and visiting recruits during the contact phase...is recruiting just a function of the HC's recruiting ability?

These are questions that can only be answered with clarity by Gary.

I have no idea whatsoever re Q1.

My impression re Q2 is that the Recruiting Assistant's rating affects your recruiting success. Not sure if the Scouting Assistant is involved in scouting recruits...if so, then I would presume his ratings are important with respect to recruit evaluation.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Wayne23 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:12 pm

Gary has said that the HC's ratings in all areas have much more weight than do the Assistants', but the Assistants' ratings do figure in. But the exact formulas are not public info.
Wayne23

Postby CoachC » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:24 pm

that being said...they do matter.... it's most obvious with the scouting assistant....if your head coach and assistant scouting coach both have high enough ratings...you will get info about the upcoming team that you wouldn't normally see. more info about secondary or even tertiary sets. That's not nothing. Wayne and i have always sort of disagreed about this one, but my opinion and philosophy is to hire the best assistants you can...always...develop your head coach along the paths you foresaw at the beginning, but never skimp on assistants salaries.
CoachC

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2018 General Discussion