Injury Prevention?

Injury Prevention?

Postby dwhansen777 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:48 pm

Is there anything a coach can do to minimize the risk of player injury?

Is there a greater risk during a game for injury as a player's endurance goes down...ie. more risk if the endurance is at 50 vs. 75?

The recommended endurance/sub out level on the depth chart...what do these values indicate? Do these serve as some sort of injury risk and/or performance levels that "should not" be exceeded?

TXS
dwhansen777

Re: Injury Prevention?

Postby Wayne23 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:06 pm

You can adjust injury frequency on the Options screen. I think, but can't prove, that players who play too many minutes are generally more prone to injuries.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby PointGuard » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:31 pm

Wayne23 wrote:You can adjust injury frequency on the Options screen. I think, but can't prove, that players who play too many minutes are generally more prone to injuries.

Yes, there is a pulldown menu in OPTIONS for INJURY frequency....I've always left it at 100% figuring that was as high as it goes and felt injuries were occurring to infrequently. Now I see it goes from 0% to 200% so I plan to move it up some.

And I also believe that the likelihood of an injury increases as the EN rating drops low during a game. What's "low"? Not really sure, but I try to sub before a player reaches his "OUT" rating on the Depth Chart. In reality I usually sub when EN gets somewhere in the 80's because I like keeping fresh legs on the court and play a long bench and feel that low EN means not only more likelihood of injury, but also more missed shots, more turnovers, less rebounding, poorer defensive performance and more likelihood of getting fouls assessed.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby dwhansen777 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:27 pm

When I look at the sub out rating on the roster screen...5.0/5.0 players have a value of 50-55%...3.0/3.0 players 75-80%.
I look at that and "assume" the 5.0/5.0 can stay in longer a lot longer and still play "well"...I'm not sure why I would want to sub for him when he is at only 80% regardless of my bench strength.
Am I missing something?
Is there someplace in the game manual or help screen that states what the effect of END is on both game play and injury?

TXS again for any help.
dwhansen777

Postby PointGuard » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:36 pm

No, seems apropos to play him. I coach at low prestige schools using the "brutal" recruiting level, so never have guys who are below 70 or 75 EN and most are 80 with a few above that.

Specifics about EN aren't spelled out (it's a rating and like other ratings left in the fog on purpose)...it's sort of an individual feeling-out process and left up to each player to do what seems best to them.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby Wayne23 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:56 pm

I find that if I rest the guy before the rating gets too low that he bounces back more quickly. I like to sub out at 70%-80%.
Wayne23

Postby dwhansen777 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:53 pm

Thanks guys for the insights.
dwhansen777

Postby CoachC » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:17 pm

the only this you can ever do is not recrfuit someone below normal injury status. even then though...there are sometimes it's wothwhile.....once they start playing for you though, the only thing you can do is not play them with a minor injury....it's much more likely to turn into a major injury especially before January. Better to let them sit for a few games than to lose them for the entire season...you can't bank on medical hardhips for another year of elibigbilty.
CoachC

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2018 General Discussion