Player Tendencies??

Player Tendencies??

Postby ziggypower » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:03 am

Maybe I'm simply not seeing something right in front of my eyes, but I want to know if or how you can change how much a player shoots. I know you can ask them to shoot more threes and stuff like that which is great, but I don't think it matters if it's a player with a high rating who just doesn't shoot. Any way to change that?
ziggypower

Re: Player Tendencies??

Postby PointGuard » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:14 am

There's a few ways you can "influence" it somewhat:

1. While in a game, you can go to the Subs/Strategy page and adjust "Offense Focus" to favor inside or outside depending on whether you want your interior players or perimeter players to get a higher percentage of shots.

2. You can put the guy you want to shoot more on the court with teammates that have low "SCR" ratings.

3. During timeouts you can set plays that are designed for the guy you want to shoot ore to be the primary shooter.

4 If the guy you want to shoot more tends to take a high percentage of your 3's, then on the Subs/Strategy page, you can check mark "Look for 3's" (obviously if that guy and the rest of the team tend to have low 3pt %, then that will be a bad strategy).

5. You can select an offensive strategy to practice and play that tends to get more interior shots (if the guy you want to shoot is a big man) or exterior shots (if the guy is a perimeter player).

6. As the player gets more experience, you MAY see that he tends to shoot more (this is typically a very slow progression though).

7. You can go into the data base and increase the guy's SCR rating...this obviously is a FORCE and CONTRIVED, but hell, it's your game so do as you wish.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2018 General Discussion