No Scouting Report Available?

No Scouting Report Available?

Postby dwhansen777 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:00 am

Getting ready to play the first game in round one of the NCAA Tournament.

I'm not seeing the typical scouting report email for my opponent prior to playing the game.

When I click on my opponent's logo at the bottom left of the screen...all the player's ratings are shown as 1.0/1.0 only...and no individual player skill ratings are shown.

I am on the exact date for the game to be played on.

I've tried starting the game to get to the screen that lists the 5 players by position...then "backing out/cancelling" the game.

After that process...still no scouting reports or player info.

During my conference championships...everything worked fine.
dwhansen777

Re: No Scouting Report Available?

Postby Wayne23 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:52 am

If the opponent was the winner of a ply in game you won't see those ratings. I'm guessing that's what it is.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby dwhansen777 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:29 pm

Wayne23 wrote:If the opponent was the winner of a ply in game you won't see those ratings. I'm guessing that's what it is.

Wayne...yes that is the case...thanks.

I guess the question remains...why?..suggest for the next version this issue be addressed... to help with immersion.
dwhansen777

Postby ZorbaGarp » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:31 pm

Do you find the scouting reports helpful? Would love to hear how you use them. I ignore them and just look at the team's stats, but would love to find a more effective and time-efficient method.
ZorbaGarp

Postby PointGuard » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:01 pm

ZorbaGarp wrote:Do you find the scouting reports helpful? Would love to hear how you use them. I ignore them and just look at the team's stats, but would love to find a more effective and time-efficient method.

Only thing I use it for is to see if their primary defense is a zone. I then focus more practice time on that the week before I play that team. Otherwise I don't find anything in them I can use in the Scouting Report. Like you, I go to the team's page and reviewing stats and ratings.

The Scouting Rerports is an area that definitely would be nice to be improved so that it provides information that can really be used. Any ideas on what/how this could be done? I'll pass along ideas presented here to Gary.

[dwhansen: I reported the issue you mentioned to Gary so maybe it can be fixed when CB2019 is developed.]
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby dwhansen777 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:56 pm

My scouting method:
1. First check their offensive focus...hvy outside...outside...normal...inside...hvy inside.

2.Next look at the starting five's DRFL rating...if the PF and C have ratings 55+ coupled with a drive rating of 50 or more...you know what to expect...they will want to get the ball into the post...if the PF/C has one of the higher scoring ratings makes the situation worse... if the opponent has an inside focus...to minimize my PF/C from foul trouble...ANSWER...2-3 Zone.

3. If focus is toward the outside...I check PG/SG/SF...3PT shooting % mix... I then turn to their roster's stat page...on a per game basis I'll check their total FGA/3PA/3P%...depending what I find...3-2 Zone is considered.

4. I then check their depth chart...guys with sub out ratings of 50/55 are very dangerous...60/65 are also very good players...what positions do they play at?

5. At the roster tab...stats...then advanced stats...sort by minutes played...then check the very last column...EFF...guys with ratings of 20+ are very big contributors on the court...14-15 seem above average for a starting player.

6. If the PG and SG have good defensive ratings...might lead me to focus my offense towards the inside...if PF/C have good defense and shot blocking skills...go outside.

I could go on...but its just not the scouting report...it's the access to so much more detailed info that is now available.
dwhansen777

Postby ZorbaGarp » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:25 pm

You guys follow my method. It would be fun, though probably not doable, to get a scouting report that suggests strategies based on the report. For example, suggesting double-teaming a particular player or playing a zone or playing a certain tempo. The suggestions can be ignored, of course, but would seem more like a real scouting report. To take it even deeper, would be interesting to get assistant's input during timeouts in-game.
ZorbaGarp

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2018 General Discussion