It was a good run

Re: It was a good run

Postby PointGuard » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:54 pm

I wouldn't worry too much about going to Brutal recruiting level if you've been successful at easier recruiting levels...It does make things a bit more difficult...and if it's not your cup of tea, you can change back any time you wish by going to Options and changing it there.

When Gary first created the recruiting difficult levels (HOORAY !!) 2 or 3 versions of DDSCB ago, Brutal was indeed B-R-U-T-A-L, but he's tweaked it and in CB18 and CB19 it works well. I feel that the level of difficulty for Brutal at this point is much closer to reality than any of the other 3 levels...but the human still has an advantage over the AI, just not as much as with the other 3.
Last edited by PointGuard on Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby leslieweizen » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:36 pm

On the surface this seems like a crackpot theory, but does the recruiting difficulty setting influence team prestige movement?

Last season, we won it all (recruiting difficulty = hard) and our prestige only moved from 56 to 63. I was a little underwhelmed, but okay.
This year we went 33-3, #1 seed, #5 overall ranking, and lost in the Elite 8. Recruiting difficulty now on Brutal. Our prestige went *down* one point to 62. Wtf?
leslieweizen

Postby PointGuard » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:26 am

No, recruiting difficulty level doesn't impact that.

A 13% increase in prestige (from 56 to 63) is pretty darned good. Prestige is not only a factor of how you did in the most recent season but also how you did over a 3-year period..but certainly how far you go in post-season tournaments is a big factor.

And I'd say that since you won the national championship last season and only got to the Elite 8 this season, it's not surprising there was a very slight dip in prestige.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Previous

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2018 General Discussion