Verbal Commitment and Letter of Intent

Verbal Commitment and Letter of Intent

Postby Your_Imaginary_Friend » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:49 am

Does a player ever renege on his Verbal Commitment? I have never experienced it.

Is there any point in continuing to go after a recruit who came close to signing with you, but gave a verbal elsewhere? Any hope that he will still sign with you, or 're-open' his decision process? Seems like that is happening more and more these days.

It would make for expanded strategic options if true.
Your_Imaginary_Friend

Re: Verbal Commitment and Letter of Intent

Postby Wayne23 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:39 pm

I've been playing since 2007. No verbal commitment has ever been reneged on. The only way you lose a committed recruit is if he doesn't hit your school's minimum SAT score, and that does happen. Still, sometimes I gamble on a recruit I REALLY want knowing that he may not hit the score.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby PointGuard » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:44 pm

Agree with Wayne...never seen a verbal reneged upon either.

I think the only reason for continuing to recruit a guy who has given a verbal to another college is if you feel he MAY NOT hit their SAT minimum and your school has a lower SAT minimum that he MAY meet. So in that case you could possibly keep him interested so that when things fall apart for him with the other school, you could possibly scoop him up. Lots of IF's for that one though. I've never done this so don't know if it would work. He'd have to be a helluva a good recruit for me to waste my time and money on such a remote possibility.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Your_Imaginary_Friend » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:36 pm

Thanks for the responses, guys. I won't try this idea.
Your_Imaginary_Friend

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2018 General Discussion