Position Change Advice Needed

Position Change Advice Needed

Postby ZorbaGarp » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:30 am

In my second year of a new dynasty and have a great incoming freshman class. I got somewhat lucky with how their ratings went up after they signed with me and now I see they also have great intangibles with work ethic and personality. I want to get them playing time this year and to do so need to play them out of position. For example, will have a SF back up PF and will move an upperclassman SF to back up C to free up time for another SF. My question is whether I should change their positions on their players card pre-season so they can practice where they will play or should I leave them as is?
ZorbaGarp

Re: Position Change Advice Needed

Postby PointGuard » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:43 pm

Don't change their player card...just check off the positions you want them to be able to play on the DEPTH CHART.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby ZorbaGarp » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:45 pm

Great advice! Thanks!
ZorbaGarp

Postby Wayne23 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:21 pm

I will start a guy out of position. As PointGuard said as long as the position is checked on the Depth chart it's fine. I've started an SF at SG or PF, and yes, even at C if I thought he was the best I had there. I treat PF and C as virtually interchangeable and will play either at SF if their Ball Handling ratings are decent. SG at PG and vice versa...
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2018 General Discussion