do you have to redshirt transfers?

do you have to redshirt transfers?

Postby leslieweizen » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:46 am

This is a basic question I can't remember the answer to.

I rarely take transfers. Ages ago I seem to remember taking two sophomore transfers who then played three years, but I also remember taking a junior transfer who was a senior by the time he was eligible to play and then was ineligible, so he never played a minute.
leslieweizen

Re: do you have to redshirt transfers?

Postby Wayne23 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:33 am

Must have been a glitch with the junior. NCAA rules mandate transfers sitting a year in most circumstances, but they then have their normal remaining eligibility.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Re: do you have to redshirt transfers?

Postby PointGuard » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:23 pm

leslieweizen wrote:This is a basic question I can't remember the answer to.

I rarely take transfers. Ages ago I seem to remember taking two sophomore transfers who then played three years, but I also remember taking a junior transfer who was a senior by the time he was eligible to play and then was ineligible, so he never played a minute.

Yeah, I've never have had that happen. so something weird occurred. The transfers I've taken sit out a year (as required) but begin play with the eligibility that they came with (those who come as Soph's get 3 years and those who arrive as Jr's get 2 years).
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2018 General Discussion