In Season Recruiting With No Scholarships Available

In Season Recruiting With No Scholarships Available

Postby AUTigers17 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:54 pm

I'm in my fourth year with George Mason and have no projected graduations for scholarship players in the upcoming year. I have, however, been recruiting during the season and have several players that have high interest and are very talented but I am not showing up on their top 10 lists by January now. Will I need to cut a scholarship player to open up a scholarship and show these players that I'm serious and perhaps show up on their list? I see that there is a prestige hit to release a player on scholarship, I'm not sure how much though.

Thanks,

Vince
AUTigers17

Re: In Season Recruiting With No Scholarships Available

Postby PointGuard » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:44 am

Prestige drops just slightly when you cut a player.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Magic Bird » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:05 am

You shouldn't lose more than a couple of prestige points from cutting a player.

Did you buy a Gold Report or a Basic Report pertaining to the region that the recruits you are pursuing come from? This can affect whether or not your program shows up on their top 10 lists. I'm not certain, but I don't think the game updates recruits' top 10 list much, if at all, during regular season recruiting (someone please correct me if you have observed otherwise). You may see some list flux in March and April. Just because you aren't showing up their list right now does not mean they do not or will not consider your school as one of their most likely choices.

Also, welcome to the Wolverine Studios forums, Vince!
Magic Bird

Postby Wayne23 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:28 pm

When you cut a scholarship player you lose 0, 1, or 2 TP points. I have no idea how to know in advance whether it will be 0, 1, or 2, but those are the only possibilities.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2018 General Discussion