Winning on the road?

Winning on the road?

Postby steve3141 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:34 pm

First time posting here. First time playing a Draft Day Sports game of any type. I think overall I'm glad I purchased this, but some things are really frustrating.

For one, why is there such a drastic difference between home games and road difficulty? If I said I have 1 win on the road and 67 losses, I don't think I'd be exaggerating, lol.

Also, others have posted this, and maybe it's my imagination, but there are some second half anomalies in some games. Total blowouts can occur. And I get it, sometimes, a lot of times that happens in real life if coaches don't make adjustments. But something just seems off...

Thanks!
steve3141

Re: Winning on the road?

Postby PointGuard » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:26 pm

Welcome to DDSCB and to the forums...hope you keep posting here.

You posted this is the DDSCB2018 forum, but I assume you purchased DDSCB2019. But the home/road issue has arisen with several versions of DDSCB and the answer has been the same each time: Yes there is a big difference in home vs road records, but it merely reflects what actually happens in real life Division I basketball. Please read the posts in this forum thread: viewtopic.php?f=292&t=29670

Re 2nd half anomalies: I've played the game in all of its versions (many years) and haven't noticed that games typically become blowouts in the 2nd half. In fact, generally I've found if there is a big difference at the break, that it's more likely than not that the score tightens somewhat in the 2nd half. But yeah, sometimes a team breaks things open in the 2nd half. Again though, that happens in real life also. Not sure what your team is, but if you have a really strong team, then I'd assume that blowouts are more likely...but I'd expect that the big pull-away could happen just as often in the first half as the second.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Re: Winning on the road?

Postby steve3141 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:43 pm

Thanks for responding!

No...I'm in the right place, playing 2018 version...

And I get that real life stats may say that home teams decisively win more often, but it seems to me that the game could make it feel more natural. I dunno, maybe have the momentum bar start out way in the home teams favor if the team has really good facilities or something. Right now it just seems like the other team plays like supermen sometimes and my guys can't hit the broad side of the barn,lol

But like I said, enjoying the game overall.

Thanks
steve3141

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2018 General Discussion