DDSCB2018 Realworld Mod (Light) - Temporary

DDSCB2018 Realworld Mod (Light) - Temporary

Postby slybelle1 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:38 pm

Hello,

If interested I took Blomington's 2017 mod and ported it over to the 2018 game. The only things really updated were conference names/logos, team names/logos, etc. THIS IS NOT THE FULL REALWORLD MOD where all the past history and more details included.

I labeled this as "temporary" since the credit and honor of maintaining really belongs to Bloomington. Once he officially updates his mods, I'll remove this but I thought some folks may enjoy in the meantime because I know using real names are important to most folks.

DISCLAIMER
The installer and materials contained within the Real World Mod are provided "as is" and the user assumes all risk of downloading, installing, and using the mod. It is possible that your security software may report a possible risk with the file(s) as each software has it's own methods of identifying threats. A number of security software products are proactive in flagging relatively unknown files (such as mods) or installers as a risk in order to be extremely cautious as they should be. Since the file(s) get posted on the internet and on file hosting sites, I can't control and don't assume responsibility for what might happen to the file(s) and whether an actual threat gets attached. It's each person's responsibility to download, install, and use the mod.

Install Option 1 - Using Installer

To Install
1) Download the zip file from: http://www.mediafire.com/file/0fbbx9xae ... ldTemp.zip
2) Unzip the file to any temporary directory
3) Run the EXE file that was unzipped.
4) Assuming you installed the game in the default c:\ directory, you won't have to change any options...just follow the instructions during the install process

Install Option 2 - Using Just Zip File

To Install
1) Download the zip file from: http://www.mediafire.com/file/3ilioi6jt ... ldTemp.zip
2) Unzip the file to C:\Wolverine Studios\DDSCB2018 (within the zip there is the default.dat file and graphics directory only---must be unzipped here)

***Please remember that only new associations created after the mod was installed will use the MOD
*** As always, I recommend backing up you full game directory in case anything goes wrong or you want to return to the original state
*** Some virus scanners may indicate a problem with the file, happens sometimes on unknown files. If that happens, it will be your choice to still use the file (you may need to exclude the directory/file from your virus scans). Also you can choose to use the install option #2, that should not cause any issues with virus software.
Last edited by slybelle1 on Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Re: DDSCB2018 Realworld Mod (Light) - Temporary

Postby Aceshigh24 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:16 pm

Mad Respect to you for doing this and appreciation to all that make the game more alive
Aceshigh24

Postby PointGuard » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:12 pm

slybelle1 wrote:Hello,

If interested I took Blomington's 2017 mod and ported it over to the 2018 game. The only things really updated were conference names/logos, team names/logos, etc. THIS IS NOT THE FULL REALWORLD MOD where all the past history and more details included.

I labeled this as "temporary" since the credit and honor of maintaining really belongs to Bloomington. Once he officially updates his mods, I'll remove this but I thought some folks may enjoy in the meantime because I know using real names are important to most folks.

To Install
1) Download the zip file from: http://www.mediafire.com/file/dmzzzszbw ... ldTemp.zip
2) Unzip the file to any temporary directory
3) Run the EXE file that was unzipped.
4) Assuming you installed the game in the default c:\ directory, you won't have to change any options...just follow the instructions during the install process

***Please remember that only new associations created after the mod was installed will use the MOD
*** As always, I recommend backing up you full game directory in case anything goes wrong or you want to return to the original state
*** Some virus scanners may indicate a problem with the file, happens sometimes on unknown files. If that happens, it will be your choice to still use the file (you may need to exclude the directory/file from your virus scans)

Ohhh yeahhhh. Now I remember you providing that to the beta testers so we could install bloomington's mod rather than us installing directly from bloomington's LIGHT mod forum posting. My foggy memory didn't recall how all that evolved nearly a month ago...a case of early-onset Alzheimers I guess. :rolleyes:
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Aceshigh24 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:28 pm

When trying to run the program I am getting the below error message:

C:\Users\Admin\Documents\Draft Day Sports College Basketball\InstallerDDSCB2018RealworldTemp.zip: Checksum error in C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$DRa12856.20083\InstallerDDSCB2018RealworldTemp.exe. The file is corrupt
C:\Users\Admin\Documents\Draft Day Sports College Basketball\InstallerDDSCB2018RealworldTemp.zip: The archive is corrupt

Am i doing something wrong? I haven't changed anything when trying to run the program.
Aceshigh24

Postby slybelle1 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:39 pm

Aceshigh24 wrote:When trying to run the program I am getting the below error message:

C:\Users\Admin\Documents\Draft Day Sports College Basketball\InstallerDDSCB2018RealworldTemp.zip: Checksum error in C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$DRa12856.20083\InstallerDDSCB2018RealworldTemp.exe. The file is corrupt
C:\Users\Admin\Documents\Draft Day Sports College Basketball\InstallerDDSCB2018RealworldTemp.zip: The archive is corrupt

Am i doing something wrong? I haven't changed anything when trying to run the program.

I just downloaded it and ran it without issue.

Is that happening when you unzip? If so, you might want to try downloading again. Also, its possible your virus software is messing with you. If you felt comfortable, you could have the virus software not scan the directory your using for unzipiing and installing.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby slybelle1 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:20 am

For those having any issues with the installer, I uploaded a second install option (see first post) for a plain zip file you extract versus a self-installer. Might work better with virus software and if your having any kind of file issues.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby CoachC » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:42 am

"My foggy memory didn't recall how all that evolved nearly a month ago...a case of early-onset Alzheimers I guess. "
PG, that was your excuse 10 years ago....face it, you are now in full scale dementia! :)
CoachC

Postby PointGuard » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:48 pm

CoachC wrote:"My foggy memory didn't recall how all that evolved nearly a month ago...a case of early-onset Alzheimers I guess. "
PG, that was your excuse 10 years ago....face it, you are now in full scale dementia! :)

Just been tryin' to catch up with you, bubba!
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby CoachC » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:21 am

[/quote]
Just been tryin' to catch up with you, bubba![/quote]
Lots of luck with that pj!
CoachC

Postby grieserulz » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:16 pm

Hey guys and...gals? New to the Draft Day sports community. I am super stoked to have found this game as I recently finished my 40 year coaching career on NCAA 2k8. On Bloomington's mod, are the names of coaches and players updated to current real life? thanks
grieserulz

Next

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2018 Mods