DDSCB2018 2016-17 Season mod Released!

DDSCB2018 2016-17 Season mod Released!

Postby NCAAhoops » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:35 am

Updated 3/19/2018 See below.

I am happy to announce the release of the 2016-17 season mod at the link below. Please read the instruction.pdf that will be in your "DDSCB2018\Imports\ folder". It will explain how to load the new mod and also stored in the Import folder is an "Extras" folder with more logos and courts. I placed them there as they would overwrite some other mod files and I leave it up to you to choose. There is a readme about the files is there as well.

MOST LIKELY YOUR VIRUS PROGRAM WILL NOT RECONIZE THE INSTALLER. THERE ARE NO VIRUSES BUT ITS UP TO YOU TO DECIDE. IF YOUR VIRUS PROGRAM FLAGS IT I RECOMEND YOU DIABLE IT TO INSTALL THE MOD THEN TURN YOUR VIRUS PROTECTION BACK ON. You can always run a virus scan after that if you want to be sure.

I changed installers and no longer look at the registry to find the install location as maybe that will help with some of the false virus reports but I doubt it will really help much.
The installer will go to the default game install if you did not change it when installing the game. "C:\Wolverine Studios\DDSCB2018\" if you installed the game in another location then you should know how to point the new installer to that location. Also change the name so all future updates will have the same name and maybe your virus program will recognize as safe it in the future. (fingers crossed on that one)

What's included? (There are screen shots in the forums)
Conferences: Conference names, logos, with logos adjusted to be seen better in game screen.
Teams: Team names, team logos, team colors, abbreviations, arena's, and prestige.
Coaches: Real names, real ages, ratings, headshot pictures (if Bloomington updates his mod with coaches these would show up for it as well)
Tournaments: New logos, 15 new tournament courts. (reinvented the wheel with the courts but did not want to include someone else's work in the installer as my tournaments are named differently)

This does not overwrite any Wolverines Studios, Bloomington's mod, or any or mod that I am aware and they work separately.
Please read the instructions, but to take a quick look, Create a new Association then click "Customize Association" button. Check the "IMPORT ROSTER FILE" button and steer the requestor to the "Import" folder in your game folder. Usually C: Wolverine Studios\DDSCB\Imports. The import folder is in the Main game folder. From there proceed as normal and create your coach and choose your job. If you read the instructions it will show you how to modify the Tournaments so those logos and courts appear as well. I'm not a big fan of todays corporate stripped down logos so a lot of these are older more graphic team style.

Hope you like it.
If so let me know and I'll continue into 2017-18 mod at the end of the season. I'm adding every 2017-17 player to this mod as a separate release later this month.

Updated: 3/19/2018.
Version 1.05 Update:
1. Fixed missing Florida & Houston Baptist Home Jerseys.
2. Fixed miss named Texas A&M Corpus Christi logos.
3. Updated Kentucky & Florida team logos.
4. Updated Paradise Jam Tournament Court
5. Updated Emerald Coast Classic Tournament Court (3pt lines)

Here's the Updated Link!
http://www.mediafire.com/file/710sa3p3snkpguc/DDSCB18+2016-17+Mod.exe

March madness has begun!
Last edited by NCAAhoops on Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:07 pm, edited 8 times in total.
NCAAhoops

Re: DDSCB2018 2016-17 Season mod Released!

Postby Bobcat » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:12 pm

Is there any way you can provide a link that will allow me to place the mod directly into the main DDSCB main directory? I do not find an "imports/folder in the DDSCB2018 directly itself. I would very much like to use the mod and would really appreciate it if you can assist.

Thanks,

Bobcat
Bobcat

Postby Bobcat » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:51 pm

Please check the above mentioned file as when I downloaded it I was inundated with malicious software.

Thanks
Bobcat

Postby NCAAhoops » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:30 pm

There is no virus in the installer. Its a false alarm by your virus protection as I have no desire to infect anyone's computer with a virus. Not what I do. And you didn't mention a virus above you just asked me to zip files for you with no reason stated.
Has anyone caught a virus from the download? I know virus programs will warn about the installer as it will if it does not recognize the file and this file is a small blip on their map.
If anyone has actually found a virus after it was installed please let me know so we can resolve this. I've scanned all the files in the mod as well as the installer after its been put together and AVG says its clean.
If you did find something what was the virus and which file was infected?

I pulled it down until this can be resolved.
Boy sometime I wonder why I even released a mod for people if this is what I'm going to be accused of doing. Wasting more on this when I could be playing the game.
NCAAhoops

Postby Wayne23 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:52 pm

avast flags a lot of stuff from WS. If I let it do its check everything always comes up clean. Thanks for your hard work.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby slybelle1 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:41 pm

NCAAhoops wrote:I pulled it down until this can be resolved.
Boy sometime I wonder why I even released a mod for people if this is what I'm going to be accused of doing. Wasting more on this when I could be playing the game.

Nothing for you to resolve. When creating mods, all you can do is release what you have and let people decide if they want to use it based on the best information they have. I doubt anybody thought you intentionally distributed a file that had a virus in it, but sometimes things unknowingly get attached to files which nobody knows about. With that said as I mentioned in another thread, if people have been creating mods and using mods for any period of time, this is a common issue with unknown EXE files. Basically virus software errors on the side of caution when an unknown or non-popular EXE file is used. Typically they don't identify any specific virus, they label it as "generic" (each software different) which means its not well known and could be an issue. Most of the time it simply is a false positive.

At the end of the day each user must decide for themselves what files to trust.....if they are comfortable they can download and use the file (and tell their scanner to ignore the warnings). Otherwise, they can decide for themselves to not use the file. In my experience I have never had an issue, but I am a trusting person:)

I would put the file back and just let each person decide for themselves......just my two cents.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby NCAAhoops » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:09 pm

I agree there's no virus. I've checked and checked thinking maybe it was infected up on the site for download and nothing there either. I did this among other mods I was going to release as I did this for fun and enjoyment.
I have 2017-18 season ready and moved teams and coaches and have been waiting on the end of season to update coach ratings plus nearly done with the players for every team in this 2016 mod.
It's not fun when every time you log on to the forum somebody accuses you of distributing viruses. There were a few people that had some issue with the installer and I helped them promptly by PM'ing them another way to install. But to accuse me of distributing viruses I'm not very helpful at that point.

Thanks Wayne23 I appreciate it. It does take time and effort to do this.
Thanks slybelle1.
NCAAhoops

Postby NCAAhoops » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:22 pm

The 2016-17 mod has been updated with the following. (see 1st post for link)
Version 1.05 Update:
1. Fixed missing Florida & Houston Baptist Home Jerseys.
2. Fixed miss named Texas A&M Corpus Christi logos.
3. Updated Kentucky & Florida team logos.
4. Updated Paradise Jam Tournament Court
5. Updated Emerald Coast Classic Tournament Court (3pt lines)

If you have an association already started you can download the updated installer and re-install without issue.
If you have an association going and want to use the changes then you can manually go to the two team Florida and Houston info screens. If there is not a home jersey load "whi55" for both Florida and Houston Baptist. If you install the update as well then your current association will have all the included updates.
NCAAhoops

Postby Orsalak » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:05 pm

When I run your app (using right click - run as admin), I receive the following error:

Windows cannot find 'd:\...\...\DDSCB18+2016-17+Mod.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

In place of the ... is the actually folder I put the file in, just didn't bother to type it here. I tried deleting and redownloading but still having the same problem. Is anyone else having a similar issue?
Orsalak

Postby MizzouRah » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:30 pm

Thanks for this mod, looks fantastic!
MizzouRah

Next

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2018 Mods