2017-18 Real World Mod

2017-18 Real World Mod

Postby bloomington » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:54 am

UPDATED: SEPTEMBER 1 2018 - Put up new working link for the mod
*********************************************************************************************************************
Here is the 2017-18 Real World Mod I have created for this year's edition of Wolverine Studio's DDS College Basketball sports sim.

This is actually pretty easy to install for those that had last year's edition. There is a self installing program that you click on and it will install everything for you.

Before I proceed PLEASE backup your files ESPECIALLY the default.dat file because if that somehow get corrupted or lost - you will have to reinstall the game..nobody wants to do that. As a standard practice before installing any mod, you should backup your files just in case because although we all have the best intentions, we cannot guarantee anything.

Ok with that out of the way..this years Real World Mod is basically a continuation of last years. if you are new to the game here is what you get...
1) All real Division 1A schools in their real cities, in their real venues and all properly aligned in their most recent conferences so yes, Wichita St is in the AAC, Valpo is also moved and IUPUI is also in its new conference.
2) You also get all logos and courts (yes some will be out of date of course given how crazy schools are with constantly changing their courts and refacing them etc) Anyone who knows this series knows how long it took us to complete all school courts to begin with but none of the courts are more than a couple of years old.
3)There is also a significant historical component to the game...see the almanac for more detail..but there are standings for the past 25 years for all the conferences (at least for those that have been around that long). There are also tournament champions since inception for the post season tournaments. One change I made from last year is that since the Ivy League now has a tourney, I wiped out all the previous tourney winners. So Princeton is the only team listed since they captured the inaugural conference tournament title last year. In addition - there is all the historical champions since inception for the pre and mid season tournaments as well - see below for more detail.
4)You have historical national award winners for the past several years.

You can also import the real coaches I have created which will be in a separate thread as well as the real rosters, that will also be in a separate thread.

So here is what you need to do and please follow this carefully.
1) Download the installer.exe from my dropbox and run the installer. You will get the standard info etc ..just keep clicking next and again back up your folders and the deffault.dat file first!
2) After the installation is finished...just start a new dynasty.
3) In the initial screen where u name the tournaments do 3 things. 1. If you want the NCAA logo..click the browse button, and then double click into the "assn" folder and find the NCAA logo and click it to replace the Wolverine Studios default logo. 2) START YOUR DYNASTY IN 2017 NOT 2018. Dont worry this will be the 2017-18 season but the game takes the first year as the default whereas normal convention would be to take the 2018 part of "2017-18". 3) Name your tournaments as follows from top to bottom...NCAA, NIT, CBI, and CIT. This is important so historical data and champions match up with the right tournament.
4) Once you get into your dynasty you will need to rename the pre and mid season tournaments - again so historical info makes sense.

So whats involved? If you go to the top of the screen in the game you will find the "options" button. Click it. When you do you will see Gary has given us more tournaments and even greater flexibility to name those tournaments as well (except for 2 locked courts due to coding restrictions). To integrate the real courts and the history, it only makes sense to name the courts to those tournaments which match the court and historical champions so I have prepared a list of the default tournament names and the real world tournament name you should change it to. All you have to do is change the name of the tournament and click "update" for each one. The end result will be that you will then have the name, appropriate court and matching historical info all aligned. Here is the list of the out of the box default tournaments, and the names they should be changed to....

1. Coaches Classic TO 2K Sports Classic
2. Preseason NIT TO (no need to change this one)
3. Hawaiian Shootout TO Maui Invitational
4. MS Midwest TO CBE Hall of Fame Classic (although this is locked you can at least know this is the tournament I used)
5. Alaskan Shootout TO Great Alaska Shootout
6. Sunshine Shootout TO Puerto Rico Tipoff
7. Las Vegas Winter Jam TO Las Vegas Invitational
8. JAG Holiday TO Savannah Invitational (also cannot change the name to this one) last year this was Coach vs Cancer but that tournament appears to be over. Please note there is no court for this one yet.
9. Tipoff in Paradise TO Battle 4 Atlantis
10. Heroes Memorial TO Diamond Head Classic
11. Palmetto TO Barclays Center Classic
12. Golden State Classic TO Emerald Coast Classic
13. Caribbean Challenge TO Direct TV Wooden Legacy
14. Hoops for Troops TO Charleston Classic

Once you are done this you are ready to begin your coaching dynasty!!!

I would like to also suggest people take a look at the other modder work done on the board. I am thrilled to see others having modded this game and to be honest, the best way to enjoy the game I would think, would be to combine the aspects of each mod that you want to create a full experience. The guys have put alot of effort and have come up with some great results!

Going forward I do not believe I will be able to support or mod the game much. So I hope you enjoy and have enjoyed my efforts.

If anyone would like to make a small contribution for my efforts, please just PM me otherwise much success in your coaching aspirations

Here is the link to the mod FIXED : https://www.dropbox.com/s/jmz2nceawbdyg ... d.exe?dl=0

If anyone feels like donating for the work I do..anything is always greatly appreciated. Please PM otherwise I hope you enjoy! and check the mods section of the boards...I have a couple of things I am working on, but also remember there are other great mods being put up by others too!!
Last edited by bloomington on Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:03 pm, edited 5 times in total.
bloomington
DDS:CB Support Squad

Re: 2017-18 Real World Mod

Postby frankinho » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:17 pm

thanks for the update bloomington. I'm patiently waiting for your mod to start a new dynasty.
Thanks again for your great work ;)
frankinho

Postby bloomington » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:12 am

posted link to the mod
bloomington

Postby slybelle1 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:01 am

Hello Bloomington, first of all thank you so much for your hard work on the mod, I am sure everyone in the community is appreciative.

Just a quick heads up...installed the mod and when I go into the Linage screen.....for various teams (more than one) I receive the following error when looking at the screen. I went back to the default file (non-mod) and didn't receive the error.

slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby bloomington » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:45 am

Thanks Sly...

I believe I have caught the error. Its due I believe to Gary switching up some tables. if you go to the default.dat file and go the the "Coach History" table..u will find all the hall of fame coaches records. Just delete ALL the records from that table and try a new league. It should be ok. At least it is for me. I believe Gary is not using that table anymore for hall of fame coaches in this edition. I will put out a new installer but if someone can confirm the fix it would be nice. Its fine on my end now but some independent verification would be welcome.

Thanks for the catch! Did not check that.
bloomington

Postby bloomington » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:11 am

Bump! for the updated installer.

again i think the problem was the table i was using for the hall of fame coaches. Gary is likely now using that table for his new lineage feature so that caused the error.

See the link in the first post for the new installer with the correction and in your games just check that coach lineage feature first by scrolling through all the schools to make sure none of them result in throwing an error. If not your good to go, if so, then please post.

You will need to restart your dynasty for the fix to take affect.

Thanks
bloomington

Postby slybelle1 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:32 am

Thanks for the fix, that seemed to remove the error I previously received.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby bloomington » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:52 pm

slybelle1 wrote:Thanks for the fix, that seemed to remove the error I previously received.

Thanks for the catch and the feedback...appreciated.
bloomington

Postby MizzouRah » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:11 pm

Is there anyway to use this wonderful mod WITHOUT the history (aka LIGHT mod)? I want all the real logos and what not, but want to start with a "clean" universe.. so to speak.

Thanks!
MizzouRah

Postby PointGuard » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:26 am

MizzouRah wrote:Is there anyway to use this wonderful mod WITHOUT the history (aka LIGHT mod)? I want all the real logos and what not, but want to start with a "clean" universe.. so to speak.

Thanks!

Try the one here: viewtopic.php?f=273&t=28542

I think it will work.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Next

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2018 Mods