2017-18 Real World Coach Mod

Re: 2017-18 Real World Coach Mod

Postby LetBaalPlead » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:17 pm

bloomington wrote:I dont know what to say. I just tried it using your team and it works fine. The head coach should not still appear after you run the mod. As long as it is in the 2018 saves folder it should work. Do you have macros enabled? Do you get a message after choosing your school and pressing the button that tells you that your coaching universe has been created?

I did it again, but with Indiana State. I replaced the CoachUniverse in the save folder with a newly created one. The actual coach is still on the spreadsheet though.
LetBaalPlead

Postby LetBaalPlead » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:26 pm

The only message I get after creating the universe is "CoachUniverse.xlsm is already open. Reopening will cause any changes you made to be discarded. Do you want to reopen CoachUniverse.xlsm?"
LetBaalPlead

Postby bloomington » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:14 pm

LetBaalPlead wrote:The only message I get after creating the universe is "CoachUniverse.xlsm is already open. Reopening will cause any changes you made to be discarded. Do you want to reopen CoachUniverse.xlsm?"

You should not have 2 instances of it open. Unfortunately, I cannot see what's going on so its hard for me to direct you accordingly. Since it appears as though you are experiencing difficulties I would suggest possibly going the manual way. You can either follow Unmlobo's directions or you can follow the old instructions I have from a couple of versions ago found here https://www.dropbox.com/s/dh06qekpk7foy ... .docx?dl=0

there will be a few small differences like the version of the game and but most everything else is still accurate, just export the saved DB file from inside the commissioner offce, follow the instructions in the document, and copy and paste into the exported DB file. Once done, just save it, go back into the game, open the commissioners office, and import the DB file back into the game.

I'm sorry your having alot of difficulty with it, and the goal of the mod was to cut out most of the manual process but the manual option is still available and possible to do...just a bit of an irritant.

Let us konw how it goes! Hopefully you can grab the data without anymore headaches.

Cheers
bloomington
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby unmlobo » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:56 pm

Here is an attempt to merge Vols410's coach rerate with the assistant coach list. I fixed an error with Princeton's assistants having the same team ID as Penn's assistants. There could be other errors in this. Also, the assistants are not rerated, nor are there ages correct in all cases. As with the past one, I am not a good macro guy, so I only have the spreadsheet.

Here's the file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/i76r6t8mrh1l7hw/CoachUniverseMerged.xlsx?dl=0
unmlobo

Postby novafan14 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:25 pm

thanks for the mod! I thought past versions included real photos of coaches but when I installed this mod it still had the default faces...how do I get real coach photos?
novafan14

Postby novafan14 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:10 pm

novafan14 wrote:thanks for the mod! I thought past versions included real photos of coaches but when I installed this mod it still had the default faces...how do I get real coach photos?

nvm I got it, I missed the link to vols post, thanks again
novafan14

Postby PoopyJoe420 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:12 pm

How can you copy and paste this when you don't have a subscription to excell or access?
PoopyJoe420

Postby unmlobo » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:13 pm

PoopyJoe420 wrote:How can you copy and paste this when you don't have a subscription to excell or access?

OpenOffice may be able to work. I have not used it for CB2018, nor have I used it in many years, but it may be worth a try.
https://www.openoffice.org/
unmlobo

Previous

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2018 Mods