2017-18 Real World Coach Mod

Re: 2017-18 Real World Coach Mod

Postby Aceshigh24 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:03 am

I posted a response on the 2017 page for the 2018 version. Please see there for my question.
Aceshigh24

Postby bloomington » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:38 pm

bump for update to first post....posted link to Vols410's forum post that includes the photos of real coaches as well as re-rating of coach attributes for even greater realism.
bloomington
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby unmlobo » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:14 pm

I had done a spreadsheet back at the beginning of the year with the real assistant coaches in it. This is the original Bloomington 17-18 spreadsheet (without the macro, I'm not that good) with the real assistants added in. It is not the rerated coach version that Vols410 did, unfortunately. The ages and stats for the assistants are not updated, I just wanted to have real pictures for all the coaches.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/am9zf0d4oxlhc45/CoachUniverse.xlsx?dl=0
unmlobo

Postby bloomington » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:53 pm

unmlobo wrote:I had done a spreadsheet back at the beginning of the year with the real assistant coaches in it. This is the original Bloomington 17-18 spreadsheet (without the macro, I'm not that good) with the real assistants added in. It is not the rerated coach version that Vols410 did, unfortunately. The ages and stats for the assistants are not updated, I just wanted to have real pictures for all the coaches.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/am9zf0d4oxlhc45/CoachUniverse.xlsx?dl=0

Thats really great! If it's ok, I would like to take your info put it into the spreadsheet I created so we could start to put together a community-built mod because we seem to be putting it all together but in fragmented pieces. With the original mod i created, your info, Vols' info etc...I think we would have a pretty complete mod and most of the pictures.
bloomington

Postby bloomington » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:08 pm

bump for update to the first post.....
bloomington

Postby LetBaalPlead » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:07 pm

This mod doesn't work right. It replaces me as the new head coach. But it's like they move the people down a number after me. The original head coach of my team (Cleveland State) is now the first assistant. Everyone after me has moved down a spot essentially. Every team past Cleveland State is messed up. I am confused.
LetBaalPlead

Postby bloomington » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:44 pm

LetBaalPlead wrote:This mod doesn't work right. It replaces me as the new head coach. But it's like they move the people down a number after me. The original head coach of my team (Cleveland State) is now the first assistant. Everyone after me has moved down a spot essentially. Every team past Cleveland State is messed up. I am confused.

Could you have possibly saved the spreadsheet when prompted? If you did, something like that would happen. Perhaps downloading the mod again and starting fresh might help.
bloomington

Postby LetBaalPlead » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:40 pm

Yea, I have redownloaded and it still does. Question: Is the original coach of the team still supposed to be there in the spreadsheet? The Cleveland State coach is still in the spreadsheet. I am assuming he shouldn't be, but I do not know how to fix that.
LetBaalPlead

Postby bloomington » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:58 pm

I dont know what to say. I just tried it using your team and it works fine. The head coach should not still appear after you run the mod. As long as it is in the 2018 saves folder it should work. Do you have macros enabled? Do you get a message after choosing your school and pressing the button that tells you that your coaching universe has been created?
bloomington

Postby unmlobo » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:53 pm

I open the coach spreasheet in excel without using the macro. I delete the row with the coach that I am replacing (in this case the Cleveland State coach is row 546). I then open the mdb in Access, use a number filter (the little arrow next to the field name) and select greater than or equal to 2. This makes your created coach invisible. I then hide the CoachID field and select all records. I then go back to Excel and copy all the data, excluding the first row (header) and first column. Then back to Access and paste the records. You will need to OK a box that says you are pasting a large number of records. If you unhide the CoachID field and then remove the filter, your created coach should be there. I believe the macro simplifies some of these tasks, but I am waaaay old school on some of this stuff.
unmlobo

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2018 Mods