2018-19 Pre-Season Mod Released

2018-19 Pre-Season Mod Released

Postby NCAAhoops » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:48 pm

College exhibition games are starting this week & the season is starting November 6th so its time to release a 2018-19 pre-season mod.
There are two versions, one with historical stats for teams and coaches, and one without stats. They contain YS=Yes Stats and NS=No Stats in the file name.
A couple of notes first, I removed Savannah State as they are moving back to D-II next year and replaced them with California Baptist who joined D-I this year for future correctness. Many files have been updated over the previous mods so even if you are playing one of my previous mods this will update those files as well. The jerseys updates will not carry over to those as I would have to update the import file.
Some teams get an artificial boost for 2 years that can push them into the top 25 such as Loyola Ill-Chicago, Nevada, Washington, Virginia Tech, Kansas State, Auburn, LSU, Central Florida plus a few more. Then it will depend on their performance after those 2 years will decide if they stay or drop back to the pack. As with any time you start an Association the Top 25 can vary so I sometimes start over more than once until I see a Top 25 I like. Several teams are always there like Duke, N Carolina, Kentucky, but others can vary. This mod tries to look a little like this years Pre-season Top 25, thus the name.

This is the first time I added all the assistant coaches for all teams as well, in the past I just did a few conferences. There are a handful assistants that are fake names as a few teams do not have 3 assistants listed for this year.
This mod stands on its own and none of my previous mods needs to be installed first.
And as in the past I did not include courts unless I made them but if you install Bloomington's Real World Mod then it will use those.

Conferences: Teams updated to their 2018-19 conferences. Some tournament types and number of conference games played also updated.

Teams: Team in game screen colors, abbreviations and prestige updated. Removed the Savannah State team as they will be returning to D-II next year and added California Baptist as they joined D-I this year. Updated logos for many teams.

Coaches:Coaches: Real head coach names with real assistant names, real ages, all ratings, headshot pictures. Added all 2018-19 new coaches and many others updated with better quality pictures.

Historical Stats:Historical Stats: for coaches and teams but no historical standings or awards. Also included an import without stats for those who want to start without historical stats.

Logos:Logos: All conference, team and tournament logos are included. Some logos were updated.

Jerseys:Jerseys: Jerseys for all teams including some alternates. Many of these updated in the team file for better Jersey-number combinations.

Tournaments:Tournaments: New tournament courts and logos. There more in the Extras Folder located in the import folder. These would overwrite Bloomington's with the installer so it's up to you to move them to the Courts/assn & logos/assn folders. I would make a copy of the original files first in case you wish to revert. Many of the courts and logos here are updated.

Here's the link
http://www.mediafire.com/file/p9d6du8m0msphll/DDSCB18+Pre-2018-19+mod+v1.00.zip

Good luck!
Last edited by NCAAhoops on Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
NCAAhoops

Re: 2018-19 Pre-Season Mod Released

Postby PointGuard » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:48 pm

WOW!!! Sounds like a dynamite mod! Thanks.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby chasehannen » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:29 am

What folder should I be putting this .exe file into? I haven't had any luck with the logos or updates actually taking effect.
chasehannen

Postby NCAAhoops » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:11 am

Run the installer (DDSCB18 Pre-2018-19 Mod.exe) that you downloaded and it will default to install in the proper folder, if you installed the original game if another location besides the default then use the requester to steer to that folder instead. The default install is C:\Wolverine Studios\DDSCB2018\

Once installed you will need to start a new association and follow the instructions.pdf in your import folder.
When you run the game and "Create a New Association", give it a name. If you wish to use the NCAA logo now is the time to load this as well. Two of NCAA logos are located in the logo/assn folder named DDSCB18_16 or DDSCB18_18. Then click "Customize Association" button.
Check the "IMPORT ROSTER FILE" button and steer the requestor to the Import folder. Usually C: Wolverine Studios\DDSCB\Imports. Choose the season mod import you wish to use. File names use YS = Yes Stats or NS = No Stats in the file name, the rest is version release date.

Then you should see the mod installed.
NCAAhoops

Postby cbraddy » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:32 pm

Hey, im trying to install and getting a lot of *access denied* errors
any idea how to get around that?

EDIT: Nevermind figured it out. Had game open in background. Closed it and worked fine. Thank you!
cbraddy

Postby NCAAhoops » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:39 pm

Yes; if the game is running during install it locks many of the graphic files and they cannot be installed. Sorry forgot to mention this. Glad you have it working now. enjoy.
NCAAhoops

Postby Your_Imaginary_Friend » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:52 pm

Nice job. Not Steam friendly, however. I wound up copying the files properly. Also, the PDF instructions won't open in Acrobat XI. No idea why. I opened them in Photoshop, so fine for me, perhaps an issue for those not familiar with graphic programs.
Your_Imaginary_Friend

Postby NCAAhoops » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:19 am

Thank you. Glad to hear you liked it. I have considered updating it to carry over to the 2019 version but haven't had a whole lot of feed back so I'm not sure how many people are actually using this mod and want to import their on going Association over to 2019 version.
I'm not familiar with how Steam installs the files on the PC so I'll claim ignorance here. I download the game and install onto my PC and build the mod from that. If anyone has some suggestions I'm open to trying to make install better for those using Steam.
As far as the PDF instructions I saved it in version 6 format so maybe its too old of a version? I thought Adobe Readers would load at least back to version 4.x so I'll look at saving to a newer version next time.
Thanks for letting me know your issues and will see what can be done for the future installs.
NCAAhoops

Postby Your_Imaginary_Friend » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:58 am

Steam puts them in the 'Steam Apps' directory, which has a very different structure--basically more directory levels. Despite having the correct 'DDSCollege' (or whatever it is) as the final directory, your installer (and others for other games like OOTP graphics) don't always get the installation target right. A .zip file that I can target on the proper directory always works best for Steam. In this case I simply installed incorrectly and copied the files to where they needed to be.
Your_Imaginary_Friend

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2018 Mods