Historical mod v1c

Historical mod v1c

Postby NCAAhoops » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:00 am

First thing, your virus protection will warn-disable-delete or what ever it wants to do with this installer. I do not pay for a digital signature as I do this for fun/free so virus protections will not like the installer. I have posted many mods here so its up to you to decide if you trust this and want to disable your virus for this mod or not. There are no viruses, but most virus program will warn anyways.

Also this will only install into the default folder C:Wolverine Studios\DDSCB2018.
Please read the instructions at the end of the install on how to use this mod.

This is totally different than previous mod's and is geared to using the Tournament Maker and Exhibition Game play on the DDSCB first screen. Choose Exhibition Game or Tournament Maker and choose the Historical Mod for the association to load. If you just want to expand your DDSCB2018 playing experience do something different than playing your association, this fun to play. It can be just a onetime exhibition or a tournament that doesn't take very long.

This contains 64 Historic teams (listed here https://www.wolverinestudios.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=272&t=29272), 16 teams from each decade of the 2010's, 2000's, 1990's & 1980's. All other teams not replaced by a historical team are from the 2016-17 season, such as Xavier, Florida State, Virginia, Notre Dame and Georgia. There are 288 total 2016-17 teams. Each team has complete rosters, heights & weights, jersey numbers, player ratings, player picture, hometown, high school, depth charts for historical teams only, the 2017-18 teams are cpu controlled so it sets the depth charts but they seem close just not perfect.
I only went back to 1986-87 as that was when the 3 point shot was fully implemented in college and of course stops with the 2017-18 season. I can add to this mod if there is enough interest posted here. For one I would like to add this years best teams and go back in history with pre 3 point teams.

Conferences: Historical teams are in a 16 team decade conference 2010', 2000's, 1990's and 1980's for the historical, all other teams are in a 16 team conference based on 2016-17 Pomeroy end of season ratings.
Teams: 352 teams with 64 historical teams with real rosters included all other 288 teams not replaced by a historical team has a 2016-17 real roster.

This will install the following, note many player pictures will be installed.
Logos: 37 new historical team throw back logos.
Courts: 43 historical throw back courts.
Players: 884 historical player portraits.
Jerseys: Jerseys for all teams including some alternates.
Tournaments: A Historical Tournament including a backup are included. Teams are in brackets by decade so a final four will have one team from each decade.

Here's the link.
Drag the installer out of the zip folder and double click to install.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/7juuv8furq4m4yu/Historical+Mod.zip

Let me know what you think. I went ahead and released this but I know quite a few changes will probably need to be done to make it work with DDSCB2019, player pictures, team graphics and maybe others. If the community likes this I'll convert and maybe add this years teams for the 2019 version.
NCAAhoops

'89 Georgetown @ '90 Loyola-Marymount

Postby PointGuard » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:06 pm

In an exhibition game the 1989 Georgetown Hoyas travelled to take on the 1990 Loyola-Marymount Lions.

The Lions scored the first 7 points of the game and then went ahead 26-4 after 13 minutes of play. Georgetown was able to finally begin hitting their shots in the last 7 minutes of the first half, but still was buried by a 47-25 score at the end of the half. Loyola-Marymount outshot the Hoyas 42% to 33% but more significantly dominated the boards 28-11 and held a 9-6 turnover advantage. For Loyola-Marymount SF Bo Kimble scored 16 while SG Jeff Fryer had 10 and Terrell Lowery came off the bench to add 9. C Hank Gathers had 7 points and 6 boards while holding the Hoya’s Alonzo Mourning and Dikembe Mutombo to a combined 4 points. Georgetown’s SG Charles Smith score 8 and SF Jaren Jackson had 6 points.

Georgetown reduced the Lion’s lead to 14 with 14 minutes to play. But the Hoyas could get no closer and Loyola-Marymount came away with an 82-59 pounding of visiting Georgetown. The Lions 50-29 control of the boards and their 36-18 advantage on points in the paint and a 19-2 advantage in 2nd chance points proved to be the difference in the game.

For Loyola-Marymount SF Bo Kimble scored 32 points, hitting 13 of 21 FG attempts including 3 of 4 from beyond the arc. Kimble also had 9 rebounds, 3 steals, and 2 blocks. C Hank Gathers hit for 15 points while pulling down 13 boards and blocking 3 shots. SG Jeff Fryer scored 12 and reserve Terrell Lowery added 11.

Georgetown was led by SG Charles Smith’s 25 points and 3 steals. SF Jaren Jackson contributed 9 points. C Alonzo Mourning fouled out with just 4 points in 18 minutes of play while his replacement Dikembe Mutombo scored just 3 in 17 minutes of play but did gather 6 boards and had 2 steals and 4 blocks.

[Lovin' the mod, NCAAhoops...THANKS!]
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Re: Historical mod v1c

Postby NCAAhoops » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:50 am

Thanks, I spent a lot for time researching these teams to put this together. Let alone gathering stats to make ratings, depth charts, playing time and their team/player styles of play. Plus player pictures of teams and some stats before 2000 are sometimes hard to find, especially the 1980's.

I will say that 90-Loyola Marymount team is a tough team to beat. If Hank Gathers hadn't passed away before the end of the season they would have most likely won the National Championship that year. Because of that they kind of are forgotten today. About the only team I have had luck beating them is with the 96-Kentucky team. Guess its true that a team that presses doesn't like to be pressed in return.

Glad you like it.

To others out there that downloaded and tried this please post your thoughts (good or recommendations) if you want future development of this mod.
If there is interest I'll start a post maybe in DDSCB2019 forum for recommendations of teams to add, even if its just one of your personal favorite team of any year. I have a list of pre-three point teams put together but I haven't started as I'm waiting to see what modifications will need to be done to move over to the 2019 version and if there is enough real interest from the community for historical teams and using the game functions that haven't been explored a lot in the past.
NCAAhoops

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2018 Mods