Coach Corwin's Dynasty Report

Coach Corwin's Dynasty Report

Postby corwinKB » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:25 pm

Hello everyone!

This is my first time on the DDS Manager games platforms and I thought I would share my progress with you guys.

Just a little about me, I studied Sports Management, Sales & Marketing at Madonna University (A small Catholic University in Michigan in Metro-Detroit) Go Crusaders! I do not work at sports at this this time but i do still love them very very much. I was a head cashier/manager at Barnes & Noble until the lay-offs that happened recently and picked up DDSCB2018 with my severance pay so I have something to do while I start a new job search. I am new to the whole culture of DDS and real world College Basketball, I am an avid baseball fan and have been playing OOTP since pretty much the start of the franchise, I was pleasantly surprised to other companies making manager games so I picked this one up to try it out. So far I am finding out the community here is awesome!
corwinKB

Re: Coach Corwin's Dynasty Report

Postby corwinKB » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:27 pm

After starting my new file I was unemployed (just like real life :/) because being the chucklehead that I am I didn't pick a school to work for during the association build screens. I simmed forward through the 2018 season and at the start of the 2019 season was hired by the Loyola-Chicago Ramblers because I am guessing that Sister Jean heard that I am a life long Catholic and have no idea what I am doing (gotta help a fellow Christian in need I suppose...)

I am currently the 2nd Assistant for the Ramblers.

Experience: 0
Contract: $39,000
Years Left: 4
Career Earnings: $0,000
Job Security: 100%

Ambition: Average
Academics: Average
Discipline: High
Temper: Low (I am a laid back, easy-going guy - On a bad day the worse I will call you is a chucklehead :3)
Integrity: Very High

I started off as a no one so my stats are as low as you can get.

I prefer a slow paced offensive game, with preference to veterans who have put in the work and restrained from being a 1 and done pro. I am about 50/50 on full court defense and prefer defensive intensity over offensive. We crash the board about average on the offense and give everyone a fair chance to play. We prefer zone defense and defensively crashing the boards is a high priority.
corwinKB

Postby Wayne23 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:58 pm

Great start! Keep it coming!
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby corwinKB » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:35 pm

//Basketball Progam's Offices, 10AM, Nov 15, 2019//

Brian take a seat. Alright, we first want to thank you for joining the team, we feel that you have a lot of potential here at Loyola and will be looking to you to take on a lot of the slack left from the previous program that is no longer with us. As the second assistant on the team you will be focused majorly on scouting and we'll be expecting you to bring in top level talent to the team. We took a look at your profile and hope you'll be able to immediately step in and make an impact. We focus on academics, integrity, and sportsmanship. We think that you fit the bill here and won't tell you how to do your job as long as you are getting the results. If you have any questions or concerns let me know, you got my number, if it is something more in-depth you need please email me.

"I am looking forward to getting started!"

//Brian's Home Office 12:30PM, Nov 15, 2019//

After cooking a basic lunch of vegan flat bread fajitas Brian sat down at his computer next to his trusty German Shepherd named Klaus and began to analyze the team to form a basis for his recruiting scheme.

The team currently has:
5 Point Guards
3 Shooting Guards
2 Small Forwards
4 Power Forwards
1 Center.

To Maintain the current roster build next season we'll need to recruit:
2 Point Guards
1 Shooting Guard
1 Small Fordward
1 Power Forward
1 Center

To add security incase of team-transfers we should add depth to our centers:
+1 Shooting Guard
+1 Small Forward
+2 additional Centers (Ryan Rollerson is a Senior this season)

The Depth Chart for the Current team has:
1. Charles Morris, PG
2. Isaac Alvin, SG
3. Cole Camara, SF
4. Damous, Anthony, PF
5. Ryan Rollerson, C

6. David Nolan, SF
7. Joe DeVone, PF
8. Mike Mason, PG
9. Gershone Johnson, PF
10. Michael Johnson, PG

11. Wade Heide, PG
12. Greg Gervin, SG
13. Brett Stoneking, PF
14. JD Huld, SG
15. William Weaver, PG
corwinKB

Postby corwinKB » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:50 pm

//Opening Night, Loyola Locker Room//

**Head Coach** Okay guys listen up. We're opening up against a tough Hartford team. No one has a record yet, so lets go out there and put a big ole' 1 on the board. Come in everyone for a prayer.

Lord Jesus Christ, watch over us with loving kindness. We pray to the blessed father that we keep our wit and our minds with us, and play a friendly game of integrity and sportsmanship out there tonight. We pray that no one gets hurt and that we take care of our competitors, and show them the respect and kindness that we would wish to receive ourselves. In His name we pray... Amen!

The team all put in their hands and yelled "break!" as they stormed out of the locker room cheering and ramping each other up. Each player jumping up and touching the Loyola-Chicago University banner next to a picture of Sister Jean above the exit.

//PA Announcer//

Ladies and Gentleman, we ask at this time you stand and remove your hats as we sing the national anthem.

**The PA Announcer introduces the 2019 Loyola team**

**The Loyola Choir sings a nice rendition of the Star-Spangled Banner, only a few voices cracked at the high notes...**

At the end of the first half

Score: 54-37 Loyola-Chicago trails by 17

Hartford:
Off Rebounds: 3
Total Rebounds: 13
Blocks: 3
Steals: 4
Turnovers: 4
Field Goals: 20-31
Field Goal%: .645
Free Throws: 4-6
Free Throws: .667
3 Pointers: 10-16
3 Point %: .625
Fouls: 2

Loyola-Chicago:
Off Rebounds: 3
Total Rebounds: 11
Blocks: 1
Steals: 2
Turnovers: 8
Field Goals: 12-24
Field Goal % .500
Free Throws: 5-9
Free Throw %: .556
3 Pointers: 3-6
3 Point % .500
Fouls: 0

-----------------------------------------------------

Final Score: 82-79 Loyola-Chicago trails by 3

Hartford:
Off Rebounds: 5
Total Rebounds: 22
Blocks: 4
Steals: 6
Turnovers: 13
Field Goals: 31-57
Field Goal%: .544
Free Throws: 5-8
Free Throws: .625
3 Pointers: 10-16
3 Point %: .577
Fouls: 10

Loyola-Chicago:
Off Rebounds: 7
Total Rebounds: 27
Blocks: 4
Steals: 5
Turnovers: 14
Field Goals: 28-49
Field Goal % .571
Free Throws: 9-17
Free Throw %: .529
3 Pointers: 5-11
3 Point % .455
Fouls: 6

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

//Loyola Locker Room//

** Head Coach** Listen up guys, it wasn't our night but you played hard and there is a lot we can take away from this game. At half time we were down 17, at the end of the game we were down 3. So we made up 14 points on them and played solid defence. We only had 6 fouls this game, we played clean and kept to our standards of sportsmanship. We need to work on our 3-point shots but we were just under 50% so I wont squawk too much. Everyone go grab a shower and tomorrow morning we will meet up and debrief before everyone goes to class. Get some rest!
corwinKB

Postby corwinKB » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:48 pm

Running Score Log 2019 Season

11/15/19 - Hartford vs. Loyola-Chicago 82-79 (0-1)
11/18/19 - Arkansas-Little Rock vs. Loyola-Chicago 61-68 (1-1)
11/22/19 - George Washington vs. Loyola-Chicago 76-89 (2-1)
11/25/19 - Loyola-Chicago vs. Towson 63-97 (2-2)
11/29/19 - Loyola-Chicago vs. Illinois 60-92 (2-3)
Last edited by corwinKB on Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.
corwinKB

Postby PointGuard » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:03 am

Corwin: Welcome to DDSCB! Enjoying your dynasty report.

Good luck on the REAL job hunt.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2018 Dynasty Reports