Story of Chip Payne Part 2

Story of Chip Payne Part 2

Postby Eugene93126 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:59 pm

College Season- Freshman Season

As my college season began, I was nervous but was ready to take the NCAA by storm if I had to get into the NBA after my freshman season. Our team was projected as the 5th best team in nation in the preseason rankings. My coach named as the starting PG for our team getting around 25 to 28 min a game. The first thing we had in our season was the 2k tourney in which we faced NC ST. in our first game. For my first game, I had a pretty eventful game with 10 points and 3 ast adding 5 rebounds and 2 steals. My first points in my college career was a open drive by a screen. Our team won that game 76-67 with Justin Schooler getting POG. Schooler was a fellow 5 star recruit who was ranked as 15th best player last year. He was the guy that followed me into the NBA in a few years. My second game was against Oklahoma who was ranked 8th in the nation and we won narrowly with a score of 85-80 in which at the end where our senior SG shot a 3 to end it with a dagger. I scored 15 points, 5 ast, and 3 rebounds. I didn't get my first POG instead Marcus Teachy the sophomore SF got it with 25 points and then we went into the semi-finals against California who is ranked 2nd in the nation after a 20 year rebuild they finally got their first top 3 program in the last 20 years. I still can’t believe this but our ranked 5th program beat them by a score of 22 points with me blazing 25 points and 12 assists. I got my first POG in a dramatic upset. What a game for me. The final score was 80-56. After the game, my team was so hyped about the dub and our team had a gigantic party in the hotel. In the 2k tourney finals we faced Louisville who was ranked 3rd. We won by 10 points that game with Teachy scoring 23 points. I did decent with 16 points and 8 assists. We ended up walking away from the game with the score of 70-60 and holding up the trophy for my first tourney. I was so proud of my team and proud of myself. I was like if I kept this up I can actually be a top 5 pick this year. As the month of December began, I trained by myself getting around 5 hours a day of practice. With the recent games against unranked opponents I got 10+ points every game. On some occasions when we are in a close game I score 20+ points. I also check the mock draft board every week to see if I am on the board and sure enough I am. My draft stock puts me as top 10 pick projecting the Bulls getting me and on top of me was Schooler at 9th pick. When the New Year enclosed around me, our team held a record of 9-0 and was ranked at the number 1 spot. I was also projected as a top 20 Norton Candidate. In January we entered conference play in which our first conference game was against ranked 8th Kentucky. My first test since the 2k tourney. We won the game with a score of 67-52 and I got POG with 28 points and 14 assists, my best game yet. After that our team continued our winning streak until the conference tourney. We ended our regular season with a record of 27-0. Our first conference tourney game was against a troubled Florida State game. It was a rivalry game where we destroyed them with a score of 95-67 with me scoring 21 points and 12 assists and getting POG even though Teachy scored 35 points a career high for him. In the semi finals game we faced a unranked Alabama Crimson team which we won by a score of 77-60 with me getting 12 points and 12 assists. This time, our Junior center Alphonso Rhodes getting 20 points and 11 rebounds. We enter the SEC final with an abundant of confidence against the 12 ranked Kentucky team who we beat back in January by 10 points. This time however, Teachy got injured in just the first 3 minutes of the game and we were down by 8 points in the first half and I knew that I need to help out of this shooting slump and start shooting myself. In the second half we went on a 15-0 run in which I scored 10 of those points and helped contribute those 5 points. We ended up winning 91-80 with me getting POG with the stat of 23 points and 10 assists and 8 rebounds. I got to admit without me we would have loss that game by 20+. When I went back to the main campus, everyone was congratulating me and my draft stock went up by 3 and I was projected with the 5th pick. Now we entered the big dance with a record of 31-0 record, the only undefeated team left in the NCAA. In the Round of 64 we faced a play in team, Incarnate Word. We won by a score of 45 points and complete blowout! I was benched for the last half and only scored 12 points and had 4 assists. It was a must win game and we definitely achieved that goal. In the Round of 32 we faced Mississippi St. who was 5th seed and we won by 21 points with a score of 67-46 and me scoring 21 points and 8 assists and getting POG. We were looking to take over the Naty this season and I would do anything to make that happen. In the Sweet 16, we faced a stacked Arkansas team who was seeded 4th and we won by a score of 80-71. I scored 15 points and 6 assists and the POG was Schooler who scored 29 points. In the Elite 8, our team prepped up against the Pittsburgh Panthers who had a stacked team and was seeded 3rd. We won by 62-72. I didn't do **** that game as coach wanted me to play less so I scored 14 points and 3 assists. As we were heading into the Final 4 coach scheduled the whole week of practice and I was gassed out and was so tired. One day after practice, my brother called me and said that he saw my game and was proud of how much I improved since HS and was rooting for us. I was prepared to take on the 2nd seed Mizzou Tigers who had an insane fast paced offense that they use to gas teams out. Ironically, I was facing a team that I would have commit to. I was coming back as a different team, the Gators. The game was close all along and we had 12 ties! At the end with 3 minutes left, our team was up by 2 and then Schooler got a sprained ankle because he landed wrongly after a drive to the basket! Our team was in stunned mode and the Tigers got an easy bucket and the game was tied as 52 a piece! I knew that I would have to end this team by myself and adrenaline coursed through me. In the next 2 minutes or so I took the ball myself and got 5 points by myself. Our team was up by 3 with 56.8 seconds left but their PG sank a three in my face and we were tied again. With 30 seconds left on the clock, I dribbled the ball slowly and walked slowly to face the PG who just sank a 3 in my face. I walked up to him and did some size up and then a step back 3 ft behind the 3 point line and the ball dropped into the net with a nice swishing sound. At 22.8 seconds left we were up 60-57. When the PG tried to pass the SG I intercepted it and charged up to the other basket and I dunked it and that iced the game up! We ended up winning 64-57 and heading into the Naty for the 3rd time in a row! In the finals we were up against the 1st seed Louisville who we faced for the 7th time in the last 20 years. First half ended off with us up 45-40 with me getting player of the half with 12 points with 7 assists. In the 2nd half I scored 22 points putting all the determination into the game and I ended off the game with 34 points and 15 assists the best game that I ever had in my opinion. Our team ended up winning by 20 points 90-70. I got POG and was named the NCAA MVP and I also got the Freshman of The Year Award with stats like 18.9ppg, 10.2apg, and 5.6reb. I was also the SEC Player of The Year. After an insane season like this, I declared for the draft and I got an agent who was 35 years old. In the offseason a ton of NBA teams have offered me workouts and I was suddenly projected a Top 3 pick. The Celtics offered me a workout, the Suns, and the Lakers. The workouts went great, and the draft was just a week away. My family also celebrated my win in the Naty and we went on Vaca in the Bahamas for a week right before the 2036 draft. I just had to take a break right after a crazy 3 months so the vaca in the Bahamas kind of relieved everything that happened in the past 3 months. So yeah the draft is coming up……

Which team do you think Chip will go to? Suns, Celtics, or Lakers?

Comment down below. Draft will be in the next post.
Eugene93126

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2018 Dynasty Reports