Wish List

Wish List

Postby themonk » Tue May 08, 2018 9:35 pm

Gary Gorski wrote:Glad to see you guys here! You are welcome to throw out suggestions - I will try to incorporate what I can :)

Posted this wish list 2 years ago. Just reposting it again:

1. Bug Fixes

There are still some cosmetic bugs in the present version, which I hope will be fixed.

A. Logos not displayed in HTML reports

B. GOLFER CAREER screen in the Almanac does not record the results of the Total Pro Golf Championships (World Golf Championships) and all of the 4 majors.

C. Navigation buttons of the TROPHY CASE screen are not working. Can only display a maximum of 4 or 5 trophies.

2. Improvements

A. I only occasionally read the LEAGUE NEWS because I find it too basic and rudimentary. But to be fair, the previous versions didn't have this feature, and, in my opinion, incorporating the LEAGUE NEWS into this version is a big step. I've been waiting for this feature, but I hope it will evolve into something similar to what OOTP Baseball has.

B. A comprehensive tutorial to make it the game easier to set-up and play, especially for newbies.

C. Allow the 4 Wolverine Cup/FedEx Cup tournaments to played at other days. I believe it's hard-coded in the present version and can't be moved around the schedule. Also, allow rest week/s in between Wolverine Cup/FedEx tournaments, e.g. between BMW Championship and Tour Championship

D. Make the TRI-CLICK option feature more challenging to play. At present, it's far too easy to score low using the TRI-CLICK option.

E. More fictional courses.

3. Additional Features

A. Allow golfers to be injured.

B. Add a match play feature to be used in match play tournaments, e.g. WGC-DELL Match Play

C. Enable a golf tournament to be held in 2 or more venues, just like in some tournaments in the PGA Tour

D. Allow special events, e.g. Ryder Cup and President's Cup, not only to be simmed but to be played as well.

E. A utility to convert PGA golfer tour stats to Total Pro Golf golfer ratings. Same with the other 5 tours.

F. Include a full-screen option. (I think this one will be implemented in DDS:PG)

G. Add an unlicense feature.

H. Feature to save unfinished games.

By the way, the release of an updated season disk will be much appreciated, too.

I hope some of the suggestions will find its way in the new version of the game...
Last edited by themonk on Sat May 12, 2018 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
themonk

Re: Wish List

Postby Mota » Thu May 10, 2018 10:28 pm

In the previous version, it was too easy to run out of money if your player didn't do well in the first couple of tournaments. Hopefully the game will be a little more lenient and help the newbie get through the first season.

I really enjoyed the career part of the game, it was very unique and I'm looking forward to buying the new version!
Mota

Postby Ruthian23 » Thu May 31, 2018 9:10 pm

I think the most important thing for me is a lot of built in courses. The courses that came with the original games were great and always worked best, but there just weren't enough of them.
Ruthian23

Postby psd1213 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:18 am

Ruthian23 wrote:I think the most important thing for me is a lot of built in courses. The courses that came with the original games were great and always worked best, but there just weren't enough of them.

I second this request. A lot of courses initially, and then maybe for a very reasonable price an "expansion pack" with a ton more. I hate DLC with a passion, but something along those lines would be acceptable. Reasonably priced of course.
psd1213

Postby psd1213 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:51 pm

Well, according to the email I received so much for a lot of courses. The game will ship with TWO. TWO. With THREE more "for sale". This has effectively killed all interest for me. If sales are "sluggish", resources may never be used on the game again. This means the game might eventually only have 5 courses in total. I have numerous games sitting here with promises of "tons" more content that never materialized, and the game was all but abandoned. This is VERY disappointing.
psd1213

Postby Gary Gorski » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:03 pm

Yes the game is going to ship with two courses - the courses are incredibly detailed and take a great deal of time and expense to make. The game is going to cost $14.99 and add on courses are $5 (or 3 for $12 in a course pack) - so for $27 you're getting a full game and 5 courses (and even less if you joined the mailing list and are getting the special offer this week). Other sim golf games charge WAY more for the game and WAY more for the courses and you're playing on overhead shots of google maps.

We fully intend to produce more courses - I wouldn't have bothered with any of this if I expected it to be a huge flop. I would have done some ok, easy to do but pretty average to look at courses that really didn't have much detail. Instead the courses are phenomenally detailed - the best looking thing you will ever play in a golf sim and I'm hopeful a community will grow up around the game.

But by all means if you're concerned about it then just sit on the sideline for now and play the demo or whatever and when we have produced whatever you think an adequate number of courses is then you can come in and buy the whole thing at once. We'll be happy to have you whenever you feel its worth it.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby psd1213 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:47 pm

I did not expect the game to ship with 30 courses. but TWO? And NOBODY "expects their game to flop." I don't think this will. But there is a possibility. Like I said, I have tons of games here that the developer thought would do well but didn't. I am in no way hoping or implying it should flop or that i want it too.I have a VERY STRICT budget of $10 monthly that is available to me for gaming. That is not a lot of money for most people. But to me it is. $5 may be chump change, but to me it's not.I don't own "other golf sims" and I don't care "what others do". Value is just like beauty. it is all in the eyes of the beholder. What is a great value to some is not to others, and vice versa.I don't buy games with a ton of DLC. Never have, never will. Doesn't matter how well it's done or how beautiful it is.

For 14 courses, just as an example, two the game ships with, the 3 add-ons, plus 9 more courses, would cost $56.00. $15 for the initial, 5 for the 3 add on courses, and then three $12 course packs. I won't EVER consider purchasing that. Doesnt matter how beautiful they are. I simply CAN'T. That's my point.
psd1213

Postby Gary Gorski » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:39 pm

I am sorry to disappoint you but it sounds like maybe this wasn't going to be for you no matter what. We normally charge 34.99 for a new game - we could have forced more courses into the game itself and raised the price but that would have been well over your monthly budget and there's no way DLC wasn't going to factor in because if the model we released Total Pro Golf under worked then it wouldn't have been 6 years between versions - we had to try something different this time to see if it would be a success. There's no point in doing the same thing we already knew didn't work and allowing the game to have add-on content can not only help to break up the cost over the course of months but it lets the game stay fresh because there's new courses coming along in the future. Hopefully they will be successful enough that its a no-brainer to keep developing more each month.

With the mailing list coupon coming tomorrow you'll get the game for under ten bucks this week - as much as I would love to give a ton of courses away there is significant time and expense to creating these and frankly we're already pricing the courses WAY below similar games (who charge 12-20 for just one course). Again, I'm terribly sorry that our plan for selling the game doesn't mesh with what you had hoped or wanted and I appreciate your interest in the game. Maybe you'll download the free demo and change your mind - who knows. Or maybe you'll wait for a big blowout coupon on black friday or something or maybe it just won't be for you no matter what but I do appreciate the conversation and hope you can understand our side of having to run a business and try and make the franchise profitable.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby Zorro » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:07 pm

Humm, My girl friend and I could go out and get a Big Mac combo or I could get a Golf game I will play for years? I’m in.............Z
Zorro
Elite Member

Postby psd1213 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:20 am

I'm happy for you Zorro that money isn't an issue for you. But I seriously doubt you will be playing TWO courses "for years".
psd1213

Next

Return to Draft Day Sports: Pro Golf General Discussion