Wish List

Re: Wish List

Postby Zorro » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:58 am

psd1213 wrote:I'm happy for you Zorro that money isn't an issue for you. But I seriously doubt you will be playing TWO courses "for years".

No you are right my friend, I plan on getting the other 3 courses also. Hopefully he will continue to make 3 a month as planned. I love the concept of this game. It is really one of a kind in the golf genre . I know This game will not be for everybody but I also play Action golf and their courses run me 12 bucks (6 on sale) and there is no career mode. I am a golf fanatic and to me this game is a must. I know Gary has put a ton of work into this. This edition even has a option you can sit back and watch the AI take over your Golfer in a Tournament. Some people like to train him and then sit back and watch him perform. People who love golf sim will love this game. I find the prices are reasonable (For me) and if it works out as planned there will be plenty of courses in the future. So just speaking for me I really hope this takes off. I also know the Mod makers will build some courses. There is already word of a real players disc being made and Monk has already added real Tournaments, Trophy’s , Sponsors ete in the Mod section. So all in all I am very happy this game is coming out today...........Z
Zorro
Elite Member

Postby psd1213 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:19 am

Zorro wrote:
psd1213 wrote:I'm happy for you Zorro that money isn't an issue for you. But I seriously doubt you will be playing TWO courses "for years".

Hopefully he will continue to make 3 a month as planned. I find the prices are reasonable (For me) and if it works out as planned there will be plenty of courses in the future.

3 a month "as planned". "If it works out as planned." Exactly my issue. Things almost never go "as planned." there are ALWAYS unexpected issues or problems. I am not wishing them ill-will at all. But this game boils down, for ME, to Two main issues.

One. Courses or the game doesn't sell as well as "planned". So courses stop coming. And all we have is the few available on release. This is unlikely, but a possibility.
Two. 3 courses a month is $12 a month. That is $144 a year for all courses. $169 with all courses and the initial purchase. I am sorry. But that is an unreasonable figure to pay. So there are two options and neither one is very appealing. Either no further content or very expensive over time. Not a great choice. The game should have shipped with 8 courses. That is a reasonable amount. Only 2 is just not enough. Expansions adding new features and courses should be available at regular intervals at reasonable prices. Thats my opinion thats all.
Not everyone agrees and that's Ok. You are stating what is right for YOU. I am merely doing the same and saying what is right for ME. I am sorry but two courses and then having to purchase 3 more immediately just doesn't sit right.
psd1213

Postby Zorro » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:36 am

Got ya, Like I said, This game is not for everybody. I am also sure people will step up to make new courses in the Mod section. So some will be free and some available for purchase. Should be a win win for all.......(Fingers crossed) I do get what you are saying. Just wait and look for sales or see if more courses come thru Mods. I do love this game but that is just me......
Zorro
Elite Member

Postby Gary Gorski » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:05 am

psd1213 wrote:
Zorro wrote:

Hopefully he will continue to make 3 a month as planned. I find the prices are reasonable (For me) and if it works out as planned there will be plenty of courses in the future.

3 a month "as planned". "If it works out as planned." Exactly my issue. Things almost never go "as planned." there are ALWAYS unexpected issues or problems. I am not wishing them ill-will at all. But this game boils down, for ME, to Two main issues.

One. Courses or the game doesn't sell as well as "planned". So courses stop coming. And all we have is the few available on release. This is unlikely, but a possibility.
Two. 3 courses a month is $12 a month. That is $144 a year for all courses. $169 with all courses and the initial purchase. I am sorry. But that is an unreasonable figure to pay. So there are two options and neither one is very appealing. Either no further content or very expensive over time. Not a great choice. The game should have shipped with 8 courses. That is a reasonable amount. Only 2 is just not enough. Expansions adding new features and courses should be available at regular intervals at reasonable prices. Thats my opinion thats all.
Not everyone agrees and that's Ok. You are stating what is right for YOU. I am merely doing the same and saying what is right for ME. I am sorry but two courses and then having to purchase 3 more immediately just doesn't sit right.

I will just state once again that I am sorry we cannot meet your expectations on this. As I stated before there is no way to do what you want done for the price you're willing to pay and that's perfectly ok. I think everyone has said everything they can about it at this point so lets just move on and once more I'm terribly sorry we could not produce what you wanted for what you want to pay for it.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby psd1213 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:01 pm

Sorry. Didn't realize fair, constructive criticism that was not antagonistic wasn't allowed. You are also missing my point entirely.
But please by all means just post the amount that I stated "I would be willing to pay" OR "want to pay for it.". Please post it so that I can also know. I NEVER stated any dollar amount. I am asking legitimate questions. You are claiming something I never said nor did. I DID purchase. Just so you know.

My point is this: I figured that with the discount, the add-on and 3 more courses when available would be 8 courses. Cost would be around $32. That would be a reasonable amount to charge for a new release game with 8 courses. That is enough variety to last a while. I am not concerned with paying any specific amount. I am concerend about not ANY more courses, or it gets so expensive having them all is not an option. Either one is not very appealing TO ME. That was and is and has been my point all along.
psd1213

Postby Zorro » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:27 pm

psd1213 wrote:

For 14 courses, just as an example, two the game ships with, the 3 add-ons, plus 9 more courses, would cost $56.00. $15 for the initial, 5 for the 3 add on courses, and then three $12 course packs. I won't EVER consider purchasing that. Doesnt matter how beautiful they are. I simply CAN'T. That's my point.
ok, Here it is. I am not arguing the point but you made it quite clear this was a no go for you and Gary said he was sorry and could not make it cheaper. He was apologetic not argumentative. ..........Z
Zorro
Elite Member

Postby PointGuard » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:31 pm

Hey, good to hear you purchased the game (and I assume the additional 3 course pack that is presently available so that you now have 5 great courses). Since 8 courses will be sufficient for you, that means that when the next pack of 3 comes out (as Gary said a pack of 3 will cost $12), you'll be all set! Hope you enjoy the game as much as I have during the beta-testing period.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby psd1213 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:39 pm

Zorro wrote:
psd1213 wrote:

For 14 courses, just as an example, two the game ships with, the 3 add-ons, plus 9 more courses, would cost $56.00. $15 for the initial, 5 for the 3 add on courses, and then three $12 course packs. I won't EVER consider purchasing that. Doesnt matter how beautiful they are. I simply CAN'T. That's my point.
ok, Here it is. I am not arguing the point but you made it quite clear this was a no go for you and Gary said he was sorry and could not make it cheaper. He was apologetic not argumentative. ..........Z

No. You stuck your nose in an issue between Gary and myself. Had nothing to do with you. THERE it is.
psd1213

Postby Zorro » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:41 pm

Actually you jumped into my post my friend. But as Pointguard said, Let’s just enjoy the game. Lol..........Z
Zorro
Elite Member

Postby Gary Gorski » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:19 pm

psd1213 wrote:Sorry. Didn't realize fair, constructive criticism that was not antagonistic wasn't allowed. You are also missing my point entirely.
But please by all means just post the amount that I stated "I would be willing to pay" OR "want to pay for it.". Please post it so that I can also know. I NEVER stated any dollar amount. I am asking legitimate questions. You are claiming something I never said nor did. I DID purchase. Just so you know.

My point is this: I figured that with the discount, the add-on and 3 more courses when available would be 8 courses. Cost would be around $32. That would be a reasonable amount to charge for a new release game with 8 courses. That is enough variety to last a while. I am not concerned with paying any specific amount. I am concerend about not ANY more courses, or it gets so expensive having them all is not an option. Either one is not very appealing TO ME. That was and is and has been my point all along.

You said you had a very strict budget of $10 monthly for gaming purchases. If someone tells me that I'm not sure what else I should infer other than they cannot spend more than $10 a month for gaming and I was doing my best to respect your budget situation and apologize that we just couldn't offer what you were looking for inside of that budget. And you're right - if we would have sold the game with 8 courses out of the box we would have charged our usual 34.99 which again if someone tells me their budget is $10 I can't really expect them to just say what the hell go ahead and spend $35.

I think it's fantastic news that you purchased the game - my biggest goal into breaking the game up into pieces was to allow people to find a way to play it exactly as they want with the pieces they want when they can afford those pieces. After purchasing you should have received an email from us asking for your permission to continue to contact you about the game - I hope you agreed to that (or even saw the email, check your spam folder) because we send out coupons and stuff like that over time to our mailing list customers and we always do something big for black friday - maybe you save up a month or two of gaming budget around then and get a bunch of courses on discount.

And as for your concern about more courses I can't promise anything because it would be a silly business decision to spend money on something if its not profitable but if you're were looking for at least 8 courses you'll be happy to know at least that much is in the cards. Now that we have released the game I'm preparing work for the next course pack which will probably come out some time next month and I hope that they do well enough to make it a monthly item.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

PreviousNext

Return to Draft Day Sports: Pro Golf General Discussion