Wish List

Re: Wish List

Postby alternativestats » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:12 pm

This is my first time with your golf game and so far I am enjoying playing around early in the career mode. I was wondering if you can ever earn XP stars through play in tournament events? If not I think this should be added. Maybe it can be a small chance, comparable to the amount of XP which can be learned through practice rounds.

Other wish list items if possible:

1) A close up on the green when putting.

2) The ability to play training mini-games to increase chance of earning XP.

3) The ability to select a specific area of training and have specific training XP be automatically assigned to the specific area's skill.
alternativestats

Postby psd1213 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:04 am

Ok., I could have explained my position clearer. And sorry for the snark, Zorro. I know you were only trying to help. I have a learning disability that makes it VERY difficult for me to put my thoughts to paper. Gets frustrating when i THINK i am being clear but I'm not. Sorry.
psd1213

Postby Zorro » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:09 am

psd1213 wrote:Ok., I could have explained my position clearer. And sorry for the snark, Zorro. I know you were only trying to help. I have a learning disability that makes it VERY difficult for me to put my thoughts to paper. Gets frustrating when i THINK i am being clear but I'm not. Sorry.
It is cool my friend.I am not the best at explaining my thoughts either. I am sorry if I came across as a jerk. Sometimes I do not think good. Ahhh maybe more times then some. Lol.......Z
Zorro
Elite Member

Postby Zorro » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:19 am

alternativestats wrote:
1) A close up on the green when putting.

2l.

I love this idea. I have a hard time reading the green (Size) I put my face inches away from my laptop when I read the green. Lol. (I don’t always trust my caddie) I do not know how hard it would be to have a pop up or something while reading the green. It might be to hard for Gary to do but I love this idea. I know nothing about programming so I am not sure if he would have to change the whole core of the game to do this. I just know I WOULD LOVE IT.............Z
Zorro
Elite Member

Postby alternativestats » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:40 pm

This is probably a suggestion for a new edition rather than a fix for this game but I will make it here anyway. I decided to create a golfer with very low statistics and then work on building that golfer up through play and training. I believe the game in it's current format makes that particular path an impossible one. I will run out of money before I can train enough to make my golfer competitive. So here is my suggestion for changes that could allow that particular career path.

1) Allow users to play out practice rounds and tie accomplishments in any round played to XP. For example: Earn a Copper XP with a Par score. I think there should be no limit to the XP I can earn in this way but maybe there can be a career limit on certain accomplishments like my example of a Copper XP for a Par can end after 100 pars or something along those lines. I noticed there was a list of accomplishments tied to levels. This would make a great base for assigning these XP points out.

2) I tried using the tri-click shot system and frequently landed my marker inside the white zone, however because my stats are low the shot could go almost anywhere. This makes the tri-click feel useless instead of an added challenge. I think this could be greatly improved by making the size of white zones and speed of the marker tied to my statistics. So my golfer with low skills would have a faster moving bar aiming for much smaller zones. Then I could get the feel of accomplishment of actually shooting a good shot when I hit those zones and still have the wild inconsistency I would expect of the low skilled golfer.
alternativestats

Postby Zorro » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:38 pm

alternativestats wrote:

2) I tried using the tri-click shot system and frequently landed my marker inside the white zone, however because my stats are low the shot could go almost anywhere. This makes the tri-click feel useless instead of an added challenge. I think this could be greatly improved by making the size of white zones and speed of the marker tied to my statistics. So my golfer with low skills would have a faster moving bar aiming for much smaller zones. Then I could get the feel of accomplishment of actually shooting a good shot when I hit those zones and still have the wild inconsistency I would expect of the low skilled golfer.

Wow, I never do the tri-click but I think you have a great idea there. I have no idea how hard it would be for Gary to do it but I like the idea very much..
Zorro
Elite Member

Postby Big Dummie » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:42 pm

I second or third the option of seeing a larger putting green. I even have reading glasses on, but its still very hard to see. I don't suppose the holes could be enlarged also? They are very detailed, but I do have some trouble seeing all the nuances of the course. Thanks.
Big Dummie

Postby Zorro » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:10 am

Big Dummie wrote:I second or third the option of seeing a larger putting green. I even have reading glasses on, but its still very hard to see. Thanks.

Bump...I want to keep this fresh so Gary will see it. Lol..........Z
Zorro
Elite Member

Postby PointGuard » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:44 am

Zorro wrote:
Big Dummie wrote:I second or third the option of seeing a larger putting green. I even have reading glasses on, but its still very hard to see. Thanks.

Bump...I want to keep this fresh so Gary will see it. Lol..........Z

Zorro: Maybe you should have tried to make it LARGER? :D
Last edited by PointGuard on Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Big Dummie » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:32 pm

We will see if that works GOOD IDEA!!!
Big Dummie

PreviousNext

Return to Draft Day Sports: Pro Golf General Discussion