Best game ever

Re: Best game ever

Postby Easy Tiger » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:13 am

Thanks, I'll try focusing on those stats and see if I can do a bit better!
Easy Tiger

Postby Zorro » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:28 am

Easy Tiger wrote:Thanks, I'll try focusing on those stats and see if I can do a bit better!
I know it is not a easy thing starting on the Jag tour and God only knows it gets frustrating at times.. I always just throw the first 2 years away training by building up my attributes and picking Tournament by the course (Picking the one I play the best at)and money values.
Zorro
Elite Member

Postby Easy Tiger » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:54 am

Zorro wrote:I know it is not a easy thing starting on the Jag tour and God only knows it gets frustrating at times.. I always just throw the first 2 years away training by building up my attributes and picking Tournament by the course (Picking the one I play the best at)and money values.

Do you find it possible to train up enough? I find I don't manage to gain enough during the season to make up for the drop between seasons. Maybe I'm doing something slightly wrong :confused:
Easy Tiger

Postby Zorro » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:09 pm

Easy Tiger wrote:
Zorro wrote:I know it is not a easy thing starting on the Jag tour and God only knows it gets frustrating at times.. I always just throw the first 2 years away training by building up my attributes and picking Tournament by the course (Picking the one I play the best at)and money values.

Do you find it possible to train up enough? I find I don't manage to gain enough during the season to make up for the drop between seasons. Maybe I'm doing something slightly wrong :confused:

I know this will not be any help at all but for some reason I always found a way to have enough money to build my stats up after the off season. I do remember 1 season in TPG I was very low on funds so I moved up to the Pro season to place in a couple of big tournaments just to get some money and then went back to the Jag tour the following year to build up my stats. That was kind of cheating the AI but I was desperate. ;)
Zorro
Elite Member

Postby MarkRidings » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:55 pm

What kind of spending are you guys doing on training? Once the season starts, unless I start finishing in the money (I haven't made the cut yet on the jr tour), then I run out of money to train with.
MarkRidings

Postby Zorro » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:09 pm

MarkRidings wrote:What kind of spending are you guys doing on training? Once the season starts, unless I start finishing in the money (I haven't made the cut yet on the jr tour), then I run out of money to train with.
I start on the lowest. I think it’s 500 bucks a week? I now do the whole 20,000 but I am now a top pro and can afford it. At the beginning I needed bronze medals as well as others so the lowest amount helped me move up. Hope that helps....
Last edited by Zorro on Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zorro
Elite Member

Postby PointGuard » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:19 pm

The other good thing about having strong and weak rated attributes is that you rusev can use all types of stars you gain iraining. I've found you still probably have to have some failures before you can figure out what works for you to advance from the jag to the pro tour. This isn't a game where you are likely to immediately be successful.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Zorro » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:06 pm

PointGuard wrote: I've found you still probably have to have some failures before you can figure out what works for you to advance from the jag to the pro tour. This isn't a game where you are likely to immediately be successful.

Boy are you right about that my friend. (At least for me) It took me awhile to get the feel for it but then wham,After a few failures It became almost instinctively to me.................Z
Zorro
Elite Member

Postby Zorro » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:16 am

For those having trouble while starting on the Jag tour, I would start at very easy and Max(Meaning very high)out the Woods, wedges, putting, recovering and consistency (Very important in my mind) I would leave the rest rather low for 2 reasons, 1. Now I can start my training very low and when I get bronze or lower I can use them and also Have very high attributes already on the important clubs.(The clubs which I feel are important) Now, At the start some people have trouble playing out the course. I would suggest 2 things, 1. Only play the courses you are comfortable at or 2.Which I have done when I first started is sim the course the first couple of years instead of playing. On the TPG game the courses were easier, I could over hit my driver and then punch it on the green and putt for bird. Now you have to play the course. If you start on the Jag tour you need loads of Patience. It usually takes me 3 years of play to get my stats up to the point of being competitive on the tour.(Pro Tour) Everyone plays different. I just offer this way as an example. I am not saying I am good or better then anyone, I am just stating how I played and it worked very well for me. I sincerely hope this might help someone in the smallest way because I love this game. It really brings me joy to play and I would like everyone to feel this way and enjoy the game like I do. Now off I go to the green...............Z
Zorro
Elite Member

Postby PointGuard » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:33 pm

Good points Z! Also at the beginning when playing and trying to develop and improve your golfer, I would suggest you use 1-click if you intend to play out rounds. Set up another test game where you can practice 3-click and do it with Quick Rounds until you get the hang of using 3-click.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

PreviousNext

Return to Draft Day Sports: Pro Golf General Discussion