Question about Courses

Question about Courses

Postby Ruthian23 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:05 pm

I have a couple of quick questions about courses:

1. As far as I can tell, only two courses come with the game, then there is a course pack for $12, and then some individual courses for $5 each. Will those individual courses eventually be combined into a $12 course pack, or are course packs separate from the individual courses?

2. Are there any plans of a course pack season pass type thing, which would allow you access to all created courses for a one time fee? I'm a little reluctant to buy the game at this point when I don't know how much of a money-sink it's going to be course wise and since I don't know if it would make more sense to wait a while until more courses are developed.
Ruthian23

Re: Question about Courses

Postby slybelle1 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:15 pm

1) There are (2) courses that come with the game and then (3) add-ons you can buy. If you buy each separately, they are $5. But you can buy them all together in the pack for $12. Either way, still the same (3) courses.

2) Gary can answer that but I don't think there will be a "season pass" but instead bundles that will be put together like the first bundle you already mentioned.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby Ruthian23 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:50 pm

slybelle1 wrote:1) There are (2) courses that come with the game and then (3) add-ons you can buy. If you buy each separately, they are $5. But you can buy them all together in the pack for $12. Either way, still the same (3) courses.

2) Gary can answer that but I don't think there will be a "season pass" but instead bundles that will be put together like the first bundle you already mentioned.

Thanks. So the only incentive for buying the courses as they come out is to have them immediately, right? It's actually more expensive if you're buying each course as it comes out?
Ruthian23

Postby Ruthian23 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:52 pm

Also, one follow-up: has Gary indicated how many official courses he plans to make?
Ruthian23

Postby slybelle1 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:53 pm

Ruthian23 wrote:
slybelle1 wrote:1) There are (2) courses that come with the game and then (3) add-ons you can buy. If you buy each separately, they are $5. But you can buy them all together in the pack for $12. Either way, still the same (3) courses.

Thanks. So the only incentive for buying the courses as they come out is to have them immediately, right? It's actually more expensive if you're buying each course as it comes out?

not sure what you mean...bundle came out at same time so cheaper to buy bundle if you want all three.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby slybelle1 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:54 pm

Ruthian23 wrote:Also, one follow-up: has Gary indicated how many official courses he plans to make?

nope, hopes to keep putting out more throughout year but depends on success of the game
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby Ruthian23 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:56 pm

slybelle1 wrote:
Ruthian23 wrote:

not sure what you mean...bundle came out at same time so cheaper to buy bundle if you want all three.

Oh, doh. I didn't realize that the three courses being sold for $5 each were the same ones that were in the course pack. My bad. One more: do we have any idea how frequently course packs will be coming out initially? Also, am I correct that there are currently no mods available? I know it's the early days, but I'm just wondering if I'm missing a separate mods forum or something.
Ruthian23

Postby slybelle1 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:01 pm

slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby Ruthian23 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:23 pm

Thanks for all your help.
Ruthian23

Postby PointGuard » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:18 pm

slybelle1 wrote:
Ruthian23 wrote:Also, one follow-up: has Gary indicated how many official courses he plans to make?

nope, hopes to keep putting out more throughout year but depends on success of the game

Slybelle is correct.

Hopefully all goes well and there are a sufficient number of courses sold so that Gary just keeps developing more and more courses and releases these regularly (monthly???). The good thing about that is that if you don't want to buy any, no problem...use the 2 courses that come with the game and any course mods if and when someone comes up with them; if you want to buy just a limited number or specific courses, no problem...just buy what you want/need; if you want to buy them all, no problem...get the whole enchilada; and if you initially want to buy them all but at some point determine you have enough or just don't want to spend more $$ on courses, no problem...it's your option. It all becomes a "whatever works for you" situation.

My expectation (or maybe better, my guess) is that, at least initially, Gary will develop and release 3 courses at a time and you can purchase any of those 3 for $5 each or that pack of 3 for $12...of maybe you will be able to pick any 3 available individual courses for $12. We'll just have to wait and see how that all evolves.

My understanding is that the development/creation of each of these complex,detailed and beautiful courses is pretty time-intensive and that's why a whole slew of courses isn't available immediately upon release of the game.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Next

Return to Draft Day Sports: Pro Golf General Discussion