First update and Course Pack #2 on the way

First update and Course Pack #2 on the way

Postby Gary Gorski » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:08 pm

As mentioned in another thread a LOT of course testing has been going on and version 1.1 and Course Pack #2 are in the final stages of testing and hopefully will be available this week.

Course Pack #2 will include three more beautiful courses - Carmel Bay, Hilton Head Golf Links and Desert Creek Golf Club - we've shown off a few screens on Twitter and FB so make sure you're following us there.

As for game updates we have also put a lot of work into making scoring even more accurate and that impacts shots from tee to green. The original two courses also received some tweaks and small adjustments have been made for players on the minor tours to get a little more benefit out of practice rounds and also to be able to score copper XP stars much easier when using the lowest level of training. This should help you both improve your golfer and find a way to have a few more bucks to hopefully make it just a little easier to survive on those tours and also it will be easier to read the green icons as well.

Looking forward to getting the final OK from the beta team on the updates and new courses!
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Re: First update and Course Pack #2 on the way

Postby Big Dummie » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:43 am

I am looking forward to seeing the breaks/speed of the greens, nice. Also the new courses I see Hilton Head, but Carmel Bay and Desert Creek are they fictional or a real course under a alias? Thanks.
Big Dummie

Postby themonk » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:03 am

They're based on real courses -- Harbour Town Golf Links (Hilton Head Island, South Carolina), Pebble Beach Golf Links (Pebble Beach, California) and Shadow Creek (Las Vegas, Nevada) respectively...
themonk

Postby Zorro » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:14 am

Big Dummie wrote:I am looking forward to seeing the breaks/speed of the greens, nice. Also the new courses I see Hilton Head, but Carmel Bay and Desert Creek are they fictional or a real course under a alias? Thanks.

Carmel Bay is Pepple Beach and I think you will have some fun with that course my friend. How’s your real Golf doing?................Z
Zorro
Elite Member

Postby Big Dummie » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:49 am

Thanks for the info, Pebble Beach is going to be fun to play. I know the two courses that came with the game are fictional, but the three extra, they are real, or so I think? I can say I'm at a golf course almost everyday, but I've worked the last 12 days out of 13. :( I golfed in my league last night, ugly, but am off now through Saturday and have tee times for 18 on Thursday and am in a tournament on Friday which is best ball, helps out with hitting balls into the trees as my partner is a very good driver, I chip and putt reasonably so make a decent team. We played one tournament so far, lost 2&1, had fun, course provided beers and lunch after so everyone was a winner! Thanks.
Big Dummie

Postby Zorro » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:28 am

Sounds like a great time. When you say League are you on a team and you keep the standings ?If so, How is your team doing?
Zorro
Elite Member

Postby Big Dummie » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:50 pm

It was position night last evening, we played the second worst team in the league and lost, sooooo LOL
Big Dummie

Postby Zorro » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:44 pm

Big Dummie wrote:It was position night last evening, we played the second worst team in the league and lost, sooooo LOL

Yikes, That does suck. :eek:
Zorro
Elite Member

Postby Rizzo » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:36 am

Quick question: if I have a career started already and then purchase the new course packs, how do they become integrated into the career? Are there specific tournaments that will pop up once I’ve registered the new courses? Or do specific tournaments run a check to see if I have one of the new courses and if I don’t have them it uses a default course?
Rizzo

Return to Draft Day Sports: Pro Golf General Discussion