JAG Tour Brutal!

JAG Tour Brutal!

Postby fmonster » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:51 pm

I am currently on my 7th golfer starting at 18 yo and starting in the JAG tour. I started the first 3 on normal and couldn't make it out of the year w/o running out of money and not enough skill to make a cut. Next 3 I set up the golfers on easy giving them more skills. Made it through 2 years without running out of money and with all 3 only 2 top 10 finishes to show. My last one is also set up on easy and had a top 10 in year 1, but is going down the same path in year 2 with degrading skills and money bleeding away to where training is impossible and just have to rest or practice before tournaments.

I play this game to sim golfers. I do not play the rounds. I set my most skill points to Putting, Consistency and Mechanics while I try different approaches to power/clubs/mental/recovery. I know I can go to the easiest setting, but I feel (my opinion) that I should be at least able to tweak enough settings in Easy mode to become somewhat competitive. I am not looking for the "super once in a lifetime godly player" I am just looking for a nice story for a kid from Timbuktu,... if you know what I mean.

So, my questions are:
1) is it too hard?
2) Am I missing something in player creation?
3) Am I just being too whiny?! :D :)

Loving the game! Just bought all the courses today for variety of results, but dang do I want my guys to get better not end careers in years 1 or 2.
fmonster

Re: JAG Tour Brutal!

Postby Rizzo » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:00 am

I don’t have any answers for you but I just started my own golfer playing on hard difficulty on the Webz.com Tour. I’m going to start the tournaments odah but I’m already bleeding money from training. Hopefully I can make some or else I could face the same fate as you.
Rizzo

Re: JAG Tour Brutal!

Postby PointGuard » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:31 am

Not sure if this will help you create a competitive golfer, but take a look at the Golfer Cards for golfers in the Top 10 on the JAG tour to see what their ratings are for the various skills and the try creating a golfer with some of the similar ratings.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Return to Draft Day Sports: Pro Golf General Discussion