Play Rounds or Sim?

Play Rounds or Sim?

Postby Rizzo » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:45 pm

What do you guys all do with this game? I started one career on the junior tour and was playing out all of the rounds and never came close to making the cut. I feel like I'm wasting time playing out the rounds because I'm not going to be competitive anyways and by simulating the rounds I'd be able to play through more tournaments and more of my career at a faster pace. Do others here do the same thing or stick it out and play all of the rounds possible?
Rizzo

Re: Play Rounds or Sim?

Postby PointGuard » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:15 pm

I've done both. I guess I've more often simmed. Typically its a mix for the golfers I've created, though.

I too have had difficulty getting a golfer to move up from the Jr. to Pro tour. Once I got a guy to move up and was all amped up about it and then he got demoted after a season on the Pro tour...I nearly cried. LOL
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Rizzo » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:10 am

PointGuard wrote:I've done both. I guess I've more often simmed. Typically its a mix for the golfers I've created, though.

I too have had difficulty getting a golfer to move up from the Jr. to Pro tour. Once I got a guy to move up and was all amped up about it and then he got demoted after a season on the Pro tour...I nearly cried. LOL

Lmao I can imagine how demoralizing it would be to finally make it up to the pro tour and then after one season be demoted. I guess I’d question if it was worth the struggle once again lol. Maybe starting with a low tier pro golfer is the way to go?
Rizzo

Postby PointGuard » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:56 am

I think you're right about starting with a more skilled golfer. Increasing skill levels is pretty darned tough, particularly if your budget isn't big.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Return to Draft Day Sports: Pro Golf General Discussion