Climbing the Ladder: Rizzo's Career

Re: Climbing the Ladder: Rizzo's Career

Postby Rizzo » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:20 pm

Playing at Farmingdale Municipal for the first time in my career and it seems like a relatively easy course. A lot holes that are straight ahead from the tee boxes but there are a bunch of bunkers sprinkles around the course precisely where my drives end up. There wasn't much of a difference between the two rounds I played. I had my moments where I looked like I knew exactly what I was doing and others where I couldn't keep the ball on the fairway for my life. Then we had the putter going crazy on us. One hole I would drain a 30-foot putt and the next I would be three-putting from 12 yards out. That lack of consistency is what's killing me right now.

Over the course of two rounds I shot a +16. The cut line was +4 and the winning score was at -5. In the seven tournaments I've played in that is the lowest score from a winner I have seen yet. The 4-over was one of four cut lines that were over par but I haven't been close to making a cut yet.
Rizzo

Postby PointGuard » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:27 pm

Rizzo, making the cut definitely can be tough. Maybe it would be a good idea for you to PLAY OUT a practice round on the course for the upcoming tournament using Quick Play. Play it under human control for your player (so you get an idea of where the biggest challenges may arise for your golfer and where to try to land shots) and have a couple other golfers under AI control so you can see where the AI seems to be playing it safe and taking chances. That would be similar to real life anyway since golfers often play a round or two on the course a day or two before the tournament starts. Also that will give you an idea of how to better use the Speed and Break numbers when putting based on the caddie's advice plus what's revealed by the speed and break icons for each green....that could eventually significantly improve your golfer's putting.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Rizzo » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:49 am

PointGuard wrote:Rizzo, making the cut definitely can be tough. Maybe it would be a good idea for you to PLAY OUT a practice round on the course for the upcoming tournament using Quick Play. Play it under human control for your player (so you get an idea of where the biggest challenges may arise for your golfer and where to try to land shots) and have a couple other golfers under AI control so you can see where the AI seems to be playing it safe and taking chances. That would be similar to real life anyway since golfers often play a round or two on the course a day or two before the tournament starts. Also that will give you an idea of how to better use the Speed and Break numbers when putting based on the caddie's advice plus what's revealed by the speed and break icons for each green....that could eventually significantly improve your golfer's putting.

That's actually a great idea. I've never thought about seeing where CPU attacks the course and where they play it safe. I just kinda go with what I'm feeling at the time but clearly that's not working for me. I'm going to have to give it a try!
Rizzo

Postby Rizzo » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:15 pm

North Mississippi Classic
Web.com Tour Event

April 20-23
Farmingdale Municipal in Farmingdale, NY

Cup Points for Winner: 0
World Points for Winner: 25
Purse: $550,000
Rizzo

Postby fondfoat » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:31 am

I admire your perseverance. I watched a guy on Youtube give up after about 15 weeks. He criticised the game for lack of updates and a lack of balance. It seems weird that a golfer on the tour is worse than club golfers.

But so be it! I hope Rizzo continues his climb!
fondfoat

Previous

Return to DDS: Pro Golf Dynasty Reports