Advice on extensions?

Re: Advice on extensions?

Postby Templer » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:53 pm

sonorahotnights wrote:Every time I try to extend a player in the last year of their contract they vehemently turn down the offer...

You're a lucky one.
My ones answer not at all, no reaction at all. :confused:
Follow WWPF Football on WWPF insider: https://twitter.com/WWPFInsider
Templer

Postby AKH » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:06 am

hey guys,

Have gone over the logic again and made several fixes. Seems like a lot of players were offering hometown discounts and then regretting it later.

We will be pushing out a patch in the coming days.
AKH

Postby StreetLane » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:43 pm

I can't even figure out when to offer an extension. The extension area is never filled in and all I ever see is "offer contract" and they never respond. I keep losing all my key players (even when they have one more year on their contract. E. Elliott just bolted!
StreetLane

Postby Templer » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:23 pm

StreetLane wrote:...they never respond. I keep losing all my key players (even when they have one more year on their contract...

Exactly what Happens to me.
Templer wrote:„My ones answer not at all, no reaction at all“
Follow WWPF Football on WWPF insider: https://twitter.com/WWPFInsider
Templer

Postby AKH » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:54 am

patch to 3.0.2 is out now.
AKH

Postby kiwi23 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:21 am

Could some one please help love the game but as I'm reading here can't get players to sign extensions. I have the latest version .2 . Purchased the game threw steam etc but currently don't see much point playing more than a season as my best players leave . I have tried starting again and reinstalling the game ?
kiwi23

Postby FC45 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:35 pm

It is better since the last patch as most of the lower salary contracts do get extended now without too much fuss. However after getting initial contract refusals from some established core players (I've met their wishes plus some), I now find I'm then re-offering them much more attractive contracts but then not even getting a response. This does unfortunately make the game a bit of a trial to continue with.

Maybe it would be best to simplify the contract extension process and instead of players telling us via player wishes the lowest offer they might possibly accept, they tell us what money they actually want to sign a contract. I think in the real NFL GM's would try to negotiate pay down from a players initial demands . In this game I seem to be always offering more than what the player wishes for in the hope of finding the magical hidden figure that is what they really want.

Also If the player doesn't want to re-sign due to the team's location, current performance or future trajectory then they could tell me categorically after the initial offer via the email feedback, and so save me the hassle of over the next few weeks trying over and over to get them on side.
FC45

Postby Sharkstrong » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:49 pm

I have the 3.0.2 version and i still can't get responses to contract extensions. Free agents neither accept my ofers even if they are "leading ofers". In the "team menu" -> "contracts" here are players with 3 years left in their contracts set to become free agents.
Sharkstrong

Postby MARUKO79 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:50 am

Anyone know if the new patch 3.0.3 has solved the issue?

Thank you...
MARUKO79

Postby AKH » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:17 am

The issue should be solved in 3.0.3.

The players should reply now (the issue was mainly concerning players on practice squad and on IR).

However, note that we have not changed the negotiation part to the point where the players suggestion is automatically something they will accept - rather the suggestion is the minimum they are willing to even consider. The reason for this is that one of the wishes from the community in relation to the '18 version was to have the back and forth negotiations with the players, rather than just getting what they wanted.
AKH

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2019 General Discussion