Possible to customize # of teams in playoffs?

Possible to customize # of teams in playoffs?

Postby Cole » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:08 pm

The game has many different league size configurations, but I'm having trouble finding one I want to use due in large part to the lack of playoff flexibility. I like smaller leagues, but I'm finding a lot of the smaller league sizes (16, 20, 22, 24 teams, etc.) still have 8 to 12 teams entering the playoffs, which is too many for my tastes.

The game has the capability to only allow 4 teams into the playoffs, 8 teams, 10 or 12 teams, but it seems to vary wildly by whatever league setup option you select. Would it be possible to have this option be something the user can pick? (whether 4, 8, 10 or 12 teams make the playoffs) Or is there some programming or AI difficulty in giving the user this flexibility? I know it's likely hard to make schedules/division sizes etc fully customizable, but even just the simple option of being able to choose whether just division winners, or division winners plus wildcards, etc, qualify for playoffs, would be huge for customization.

At the very least if the above can't be implemented, it would be nice if in the league creation menu if it told you how many teams make the playoffs in the league configuration you have accepted. I'm trying to determine which league configuration is best for me, but with no way to have this information from the creation screen, I"m having to create a new league with every configuration I want just to see what the playoff configuration for that league is.
Cole

Re: Possible to customize # of teams in playoffs?

Postby brooks_piggott » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:43 am

Most of the league configurations and playoff sizes were chosen either due to historical tie-ins to that format, or to the user who originally requested the format. At this time there is no way to customize them. This version's focus was on coaches, but future versions we'll look at more open-ended customization and see if we can give users a bit more flexibility in choosing league sizes along with playoff options.
brooks_piggott

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2019 General Discussion