New Formations & Plays...

New Formations & Plays...

Postby coachcbjii » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:12 am

I know this was discussed in some detail in the '18 version of the game, but I wanted to address it again with the latest version being released?

My first question is
1) Can you create new formations? With only 4 offensive formations in the game it is really limiting.

The second part to that questions is if we can create more formations (I was reading some stuff regenerator was asking) how and would they appear in the different strategy and depth chart screens?

Also will the CPU team use those new formations?

Same questions for creating new plays...will and how will they show in custom playbooks?
Will we need to design play diagrams/artwork or does the game automatically do that based on the coordinates entered?
And again will CPU teams use these plays?

Thanks in advance to any response.
coachcbjii

Re: New Formations & Plays...

Postby AKH » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:21 am

You can add new plays by editing the plays.xml. There is a guide in the modding forum by francua.

You cannot add new formations as such, except through the workaround discussed in the thread you mentioned. I.e. by using the start command to move players around presnap. So rather than adding a formation, you can add plays where players move into new positions.

Any plays you make and add in the plays.xmlwill be used by the AI, but only if they are present when coaches generate their playbooks, usually upon them being hired, or at the start of seasons.
AKH

Re: New Formations & Plays...

Postby coachcbjii » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:19 pm

Thank you for the response. Do you ever think we will get more formations in the game?
As a long time football coach I wouldn't mind helping out behind the scenes to help create more formations and plays.

Thank you for this excellent product.
coachcbjii

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2019 General Discussion